Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation; I Want Natural Looking Very Soft Nice Voluptuous Breast? (photo)

History- I had a breast reduction 10 yrs ago. I went from a G to a C. Since the reduction, I've had kids and gained 109lbs(CUP DD) and have lost 100 lbs(CUP B). Question- I'm I a good candidate for Breast Augmentation Without the lift, considering my overall goal. I would LOVE TO BE A NICE D OR DD WITHOUT A LIFT, I'm not concern with my nipple riding high. I do not want to risk that change in my nipple or breast shape. How many CC's do you recommend(w/ or w/o lift)? I have seen a B.S.P.S.

#BreastLift or #BreastAugmentation ANS:

+2

A DD is probably possible but I agree that with your arms in the air it can be a bit deceiving. But it seems that you should be able to fill out your breast envelope with just an implant if big enough!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Sizing

+2

Your nipples appear to be in a very good position. your proper sizing can be done during a physical exam and evaluation with some measurements

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Implant size

+2

Obviously it is difficult to guess from a photo, but to get to a D, you will probably need 425cc-475cc.

Over 500cc should get you to a DD cup. Your surgeon should be able to help you.

Good luck.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your implant size

+2

It is impossible to give accurate advice without an in person exam. The best way I know to choose an implant size is to try on implants or sizers in your bra and then  put a tight fitting shirt on. This will give you an idea of how much volume you need to achieve your goal. You then need to listen to your surgeon about how that size will work with your anatomy. As far as the lift is concerned, if you are happy where your nipples are and just want more volume, then you probably don't need a lift. If you want higher, perkier breasts, then you probably do need a lift. Again, talk with your surgeon, or several surgeons if there are more than one in your area, and see what the recommendations are and which you feel most comfortable with. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation after Previous Breast Reduction

+1

If a patient already has the scars of a breast reduction and wants breast implants, I would perform the breast augmentation and fine tune the skin envelope as necessary to produce the best contour and nipple areola position or size as desired.

Aug vs. Lift?

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

It is best to see where the nipple position is and how much skin laxity there is when your arms are naturally down by your side.  If your nipples are above you breast crease with your hands down by your side, then you are a good candidate for a breast aug without a lift.  More important than cc's is breast diameter and projection.  I would choose a implant with a base width equal to your breast diameter minus your tissue thickness, and choose Moderate Plus profile if you would like to go to about a D, and High Profile if you would like to go to about a DD.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift or Augment for Natural Breasts

+1

Based on your photos and desires for a "voluptuous" breast with a natural softness, I think you should achieve your desired result with placement of relatively large silicone implants.  Such implants should adequately fill out your slightly loose skin envelope and firm and lift your breasts.  In your case, I would consider implant placement in front of the pectoral muscle even though that would raise the risk of scar contracture around the implants, as you will get better filling of the loose skin at that level.  I think you would probably reach your desired size with an implant in the high 400 cc range.  Interestingly, your experience is not that unusual as some women will develop looser, smaller breasts years after a breast reduction due to weight loss and fat or breast gland atrophy with aging.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Whether or not you will benefit from breast lifting surgery, will depend on your physical examination. Keep in mind, that with your arms elevated, your breasts' position on your chest wall may be lifted.

In regards to the best breast implant size/profile that will help achieve your goals, the best online advice I can give is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D or DD” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast augmentation following a reduction in the past.

+1

Breast augmentation certainly can help with your volume issues. Your nipple position is good and thus a "traditional" lift is likely unnecessary. However, if after an augmentation, you have additional laxity in the skin, a tightening procedure to shrink the skin envelope can be done without ever changing the nipple position. As for implant size, that is chosen based on goals and your breast measurements.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift or Augmentation or Both?

+1

The best approach would be to find a board certified plastic surgery that understands your situation and expected outcomes from surgery.  Without examining you, it is difficult to give you specific advice.  However, based on your photos, it looks like you would benefit from augmentation to increase volume and a lift to help improve shape.  If I would treating you, I would place the implant and then evaluate whether the lift was necessary and, if needed, perform it at the same time as the implants.  Since you have already had a breast reduction in the past, you will not be gaining any new scars, as the same incisions used for your reduction would also be used for your lift.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD