How and when Can I Start Medical Massage for my TT? I Am 11 Days Post Op.

Massage therapy

+1

This is something you need to ask your plastic surgeon. I generally wait 4-6 weeks to initiate scar massage therapy.  You are only 11 days postop.  You need to give time for your incisions to heal.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

+1

I would ask your surgeon for his recommendations. I think it would be safe by week 3-4 but it still may be sore to massage since you are still healing.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Massage after an abdominoplasty

+1

If you are considering medical massage for a back problem then it may be several weeks before you will be able to lay for extended periods of time on your abdomen.  Ask your plastic surgeon for his advice. 

How and when Can I Start Medical Massage for my TT?

+1

This question needs to be addressed to your surgeon, who knows what was done and has followed your recovery. Your surgeon is responsible for your postop care. Advice from surgeons who have never seen you is poor advice indeed.

All the best.