6 Days After Up/low Abs and Waist 6 Days Ago, Alot of Swelling, Not Much Diff from Before. Is This Normal?

I had lazer lip 6 days upper/lower and waist 6 days ago, alot of swelling, not much diff from before. is this normal, about 1 inch in waist measurement? I am starting to worry. I have always had a "belly" even as a chubby child.

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Pain, assymetry and swelling is not uncommon only 6 days out. The question is to what degree each is occuring. Make sure you relay your concerns to your PS. Generally time is the answer, but you may feel better just having some time to sit down with your PS.

6 Days After Liposuction and Results

+1

6 days after liposuction swelling is near maximal, and this time point is too early to evaluate results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

6 Days Post-Op

+1

Six days is WAY too early to even begin to assess your result.  In general, I tell patients that it takes about 4-6 weeks to see 85% of the result, 3 months for 95% and 6 months for the entire result.  In some cases it can take even longer; these include revisional procedures (scar tissue can delay the recovery) and lipo of the calves and ankles (areas that are lower down take longer, probably due to the effects of gravity).  In short, at 6 days I wouldn't even begin to be concerned.

That, of course, is a general comment.  You should remain in contact with your own plastic surgeon throughout the entire recovery process.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

6 days is too soon to expect to see results

+1

At only one week following liposuction, I would not expect you to see much difference yet, especially if you have alot of swelling, as you mentioned.  I would give it at least six to eight weeks before deciding if you can see a difference or not.  In the meantime, make sure you are following a healthy lifestyle by not overeating and by exercising....the best results from body contouring are the patients that reflect in weight loss what the surgeon removed. 

Christa Clark, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon