How Long After Taking Accutane Should I Wait Before Conceiving?

I am beginning a 6 month Accutane treatment for adult hormonal acne. How long after completing treatment should I wait before trying to conceive?

Post Accutane and Conceiving

+1

Thank you for your question. You should wait longer than 1 month after your last dose of Accutane as the medication can stay in your body up to one month. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

How Long After Taking Accutane Should I Wait Before Conceiving

+1

According to the FDA and the iPledge program it is necessary for females to wait 30 days after their last dosage to start trying to conceive.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD