Athletic Thin Woman with Widening Unders. Will They Get Lower and Wider With Exercise? (photo)

I had my implants around 1 year ago & have mild bottoming out in one/slight in the other that we won't revise until necessary/bothers me. I had a 2-3 finger gap before, now it's 4 fingers+. I quite enjoy the low and wide sitting implants as they look more natural and I prefer boney chests. My surgeon said that if I continue to do things like push ups (I'm a trainer) the pecs may push the implants lower and wider. Is this true, is there any danger in this? I get sternum pain sometimes.

Breast Implant Displacement and Exercise?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. I would agree with your assessment that the breast implants are relatively low and widely spaced. I would also agree with your plastic surgeon that the exercises that you describe may increase the breast implant displacement  even further. It is hard to know whether the “sternal pain” that you describe is directly related to the breast implant positioning or not.

If you were my patient, and were pleased with the results of the breast implant position currently, I would suggest that you use a supportive bra and minimize heavy pectoralis exercise that could potentially further displace your breast implants.

Vigorous chest exercises may push breast implants lower even after 1 year

+1

Thank you for your question. I agree with your plastic surgeon that as a trainer, vigorous pectoralis muscle exercises can push her implants lower and make them wider. However after 1 year there implant position is quite stable and further displacement of your implants will be small and occur slowly over time.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS