vaser hi def breast augmentation

I am very athletic (5"9"- 128lb), love to run and lift weights, and would like to get a breast lift with implants to a size C cup (I am currently 34B). I would like to keep an athletic, natural look- would that be a Moderate Profile @ about 300ccs or do you have any other recommendations? Also, I read about Smartlipo/Vaser Hi Def breast lift and wondered if I would be a candidate? Or is a doughnut mastopexy my only option? Lastly, is there a way to fix the asymmetry of my breasts? Thank you!!

Examination Best For Determining Technique

+2

July,

Thanks for the inquiry.

You are right to ask about special considerations in an athletic woman:  There are many in Colorado!

The only way to answer your question accurately would be with an examination, though your photos may be helpful for a preliminary response.

Please feel free to submit your phots, e-mail me or schedule a consultation.

Thanks!

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery

+1

Schedule a consultation with a board certified PLASTIC surgeon. Upon consultation and examination, your surgeon will be able to explain the benefits and risks of each procedure and make a recommendation on which procedure would best address your individual concerns. There are far too many physicians who are not properly trained in plastic surgery. Contact your OBGYN or PCP for a reputable board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants with a lift at the same time

+1

The type of breast lift you would need depends on the level of your nipple and the quality and amount of breast skin you have.  First the implant is placed, usually under the muscle (subpectoral). This will restore the needed volume and occasionally fill out some of the skin to a point where you may not need a lift. Most patients will need a lift, either a circular incision or a lollipop-type incison which involves a circle with a vertical extension underneath it.  The latter type of lift is used to create more of a lift and remove more skin. Although this involves more a scar, the resulting shape/contour is typically worth it.

Without photos it is very difficult to give you more information.

I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full evaluation of your options.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Tips on choosing breast lift and breast implant surgery

+1

A breast lift can be incorporated successfully into a breast implant surgery.  Breast implants will add volume and size, and may even raise the nipple position a few centimeters.  A breast lift is needed to raise the nipple position even higher and add perkiness.  I would advise against a liposuction type breast lift in favor of a true mastopexy. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast lift with implants

+1

Breast lift (mastopexy) may be performed in conjunction with augmentation to increase the volume of the breasts. The Vaser does not produce the same result. Implant size and placement, as well as the incisions used for mastopexy, are best discussed fully with your plastic surgeon before surgery.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Vaser for breast lift--not a good idea

+1

I would be surprised if a board-certified plastic surgeon offered Vaser for any type of breast lift. I have seen this procedure offered by non-plastic surgeons ("cosmetic surgeons") who cannot perform a real breast lift.

My best advice is to have a consult with a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  During the consult, your measurements and your goals will assist in determining the best implant size and type for you.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Athletic and natural look breast lift (? laser? vaser? ) and implants

+1

I live and work in Northern California.  All of my patients in Palo Alto tend to be athletic. 

Implant volume will help fill the breast.  So if you are deflated following weight loss, pregnancy, etc, the implant volume will fill the empty envelope of skin.   This will make you look perkier and fuller, but may not lift.

If you are droopy (can you pass the pencil test?) then you likely need a lift. 

No liposuction or laser will "lift" you.  Anyone who tells you that is selling you a rainbow.  As for what kind of lift..... here you get into all sorts of issues which we can't answer without seeing you.  It depends on your skin tone, amount of droop, what size implant you decide on, etc. 

My advice is to choose your implant size ,and do a lift if you need to.  I see a fair number of athletic women talked into larger implant sizes to try to avoid doing a lift.  I think this is short sighted.  A larger implant will never look natural, will make working out more difficult, and will thin your tissue and accelerate your drooping over time. 

As for profile of implant, in my practice that involves measurements to find the ideal width.  I use all 3 profiles frequently.  As with all things, there are pros and cons to each.

Lauren Greenberg, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for athletic women

+1

I understand that you are athletic, but does that mean you're muscular with big pectoral muscles?  Or does that mean that you are an endurance runner?  If you have large muscles in your chest and your skin is very thin there is a problem because in body builders with large muscles one would like to do a subglandular augmentation so as to avoid the muscle action over the implant.  To get a good result you need adequate skin thickness and fat under the skin.  If you just an athlete but do not have think skin and oversized chest muscles, then you can have a sub-muscular augmentation with a moderate profile implant of about 200-250 cc.  This will increase your size by one cup and you should have a good result.  

I don't think smart lipo/vaser have any role to play in breast augmentation.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift surgery in athletic women

+1

There are many options for breast lift surgery in athletic women. Your best bet is to find a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience with breast lift in women with your frame. Be sure you carefully review many photographs of patients that he has had that had a similar body type to yours. Also discuss with him or her the techniques that they plan to use and understand how these techniques will create an improved breast shape and how these techniques will create a long-lasting result. Surgical techniques that only rely on the skin for the breast shape are bound to lose their shape rapidly.

Pat Pazmino, MD

A hi-def vaser lipo breast lift sounds like snake oil to me.

+1

I really have never heard of what you're talking about but it sounds somewhat absurd.  Breast lifts are sometimes assisted by liposuction, with or without implants.  However, this hi-def claim sounds like a crock to me.