What are the risks to getting bigger Implants a year after Breast Augmenation surgery?

I'm not happy with my new implants, before surgery i was 34A or B and i got my implants Mentor 445cc moderate plus two months ago and they do not look big. I want to get the second sugery next year around April i want to get 500cc HP but i want to know what are the risk to get a second surgery after a year of my BA, my weight is 135 pounds and my high is 5.2

Risks in a secondary breast Augmentation

+1
if you choose the right surgeon: an ASAPS member one, the risk will be the same as the prior procedure, by the way, minimum, since we do all things like blood tests, Xray, physical examinarion, and cardiac risk with our cardiologist. This with an appoved facility will low the risk at it's minimum expression.

Implant exchange

+1
Each breast surgery has risks associated with it.  In particular every time the implant pocket is opened an added risk for cappsular contracture is introduced.  I would not take lightly a decision for surgery revision.  I would suggest that you look objectively at your before and after photos, a 445cc volume augmentation is a significant size change, and discuss with your surgeon your expectations as to how much 55cc of additional volume will change the breast appearance.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Risks for second augmentation

+1
If there is any risk ,it is  only the normal risk for any surgery.

in order to notice some difference there has to be at least 100 - to 150 cc of increase in your implants.

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Size increase

+1
I would say that the main risk would be that you will not notice any significant change in appearance with such a small size change. I typically advise against size changes of less than 20% or more of the volume in the current implant. 

Without photos it is hard to comment on risks of possibly using implants too large for your frame. All the best. 

Are there increase risks from having a breast augmentation one year after my primary surgery?

+1
  • The increased risk would be related to the size of the implant and further stretching of your tissues. Any other risks would be the same as for your primary procedure. Going from 445 to 500 mL is not a significant increase in size. I usually recommend that patients consider going 100 mL or more higher to have a noticeable difference. Best wishes!

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Risks

+1
Every time you have surgery you get the risks associated with anesthesia and infection and bleeding in regards to your breast adding more volume will more stretching and thinning of breast tissue which is permannent 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Risks of replacing breast implants after a year

+1
Thank you for your question.  My first concern would be that increasing your size from a for 45-500 cc will not make much of a difference as this is a very small increase.

My main concern would be that you are again taking the risk of capsular contraction.  If your breast implants are freely movable and soft now  then developing capsule contracture after a second surgery is unlikely.   However when the breast implant pocket is entered and larger implants are placed there is eyes the risk of a capsular contraction.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS