Asymmetry, Animation Effect and Breast Augmentation, Is this Normal? (photo)

I think RealSelf.com is great and its great that doctors take the time to answer questions I find harder to ask 'facing' a doctor. I had augmentation in Jan and then removed in July. They looked 'great', I just had some difficulty with them. Now, my breasts are back to their original state. Question: On RealSelf, I was able to learn about strange chest muscle movement I'm experiencing called animation deformity (photo) apparently quite common, but why is one side moving much more than the other?

Asymmetry of Animation Deformity?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture. You have done a nice job demonstrating the asymmetry.

This asymmetry is likely related to the difference in scar tissue ( related to the previous breast implants)  and it's “connection” to the inframammary fold areas. In other words, there may be more scar tissue involvement/adherence to the inframammary fold area of the breast that raises higher with movement of your pectoralis muscle.

Surgery to correct this problem is not commonly performed but may be something to consider if this continues to be a significant issue for you.

Animation deformity after implant is removed

+1

Sometimes after implants are removed from a submuscular pocket, the muscle becomes scarred to the breast tissue and you get tethering upon flexion of the pectoralis muscle.