Serious Asymmetry in Upper Eyelids After Blepharoplasty for Lash Ptosis. How to Repair?

Hello, I had a blepharoplasty operation on my two upper eyelids due to lash ptosis (my eyelashes were rubbing against my eye). After the operation my left eye (Left eye on photos) returned to its original shape and form, however my right eye became asymmetrical, with the margin between the top of the crease and the end of the top eyelid much larger. Is this because the lid is drooping or was the crease disturbed, or too much fat taken out? 1 year after. any procedures recommended?

Serious Asymmetry in Upper Eyelids After Blepharoplasty for Lash Ptosis. How to Repair

+1

Hi.  I also agree with what has been said until now.  Even with good photos, a hands on examination is needed to see what is going on.  If you have good pre-operatrive photos, that would help in the assessment.  See an Oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Photos are not ideal

+1

I agree with Dr. Steinsapir's assessment. Your photos are of poor quality and magnification and are of minimal help. The crease on the left eyelid seems a bit more prominent, which is not surprising considering the problem with your lashes, which sounds like entropion.

You need to see an oculoplastics surgeon in person. Photos would not be adequate in this case.

If you need a second opinion, asoprs.org will give you suggestions close to your geographical region.

Good luck

seattleface com

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Complex situation and poor photographs.

+1

I personally can't tell what is going on looking at the photos you have posted.

In general, the fact that your eyelashes were rubbing the cornea makes your situation a little more severe than a typical unhappy post-blepharoplasty issue.  In the photos, it looks like the eye on the right sits lower in the face than on the left.  In addition it does look like you have a poorly developed crease and some eyelid ptosis on the right.  What you need is an actual in person consultation to assess your situation.  Generally there are any number of options.  The key is what is right for you.