Asymmetry and Rounded Tip After Rhino/septoplasty

I had rhino/septoplasty that was done 8 days ago. However, concerned about the areas listed on my pic. I seem to have a larger bump, a slant, low and crooked columella than before surgery. Main concern, tip seems to be VERY rounded and bulbous, wanted definition. Are these just from the swelling?

Asymmetry 8 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

Asymmetry 8 days after surgery is undoubtedly secondary to the swelling. That is not to say  your nose will be perfectly symmetrical, but  wait several months before critiquing your result.

Asymmetry After Rhinoplasty

+1

In reality, you are very early on in the post-op period.  The swelling can take months to go away, so I would not be making and judgements yet.  I tell patients it could take up to 6 months before we really see all the tip definition.  Just be patient and allow yourself to heal.  At 6 months, if there are still problem areas, then that is the time to address them with your surgeon.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry and rounded tip after rhino/septoplasty

+1

WAY too early due to tip edema or swelling to determine if you have issues. What's the hurry? Let your body heal over the next 6 months than decide if there is a tip issue.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Eight Days After Rhinoplasty is Too Early to Make Any Conclusions About the Result of Surgery

+1

Hi,

It is far too early after your surgery to be critical and concerned about the appearance of your nose.  Most of your concerns are due to swelling from the recent rhinoplasty.  Be patient and give your time to heal and settle.  Nothing should be done to your nose for at least 6 months. 

I hope that your nose heals perfectly.  Be well.

Dr. P

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The tip swelling is normal at 8 days after surgery. The bump, crooked nose  is NOT normal at 8 days. The other issues may resolve over time. However, right now its best to wait another 6 to 8 weeks.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

It is too soon to judge your Rhinoplasty results 8 days after surgery.

+1

Swelling and asymmetry may be temporary only 8 days after your Rhinoplasty Surgery. Although it takes many months for all of your swelling to resolve, you'll have a good idea of your final result over the next month or so. Your tip will retain swelling for the longest duration. You should certainly discuss your concerns with your surgeon on your next follow up visit.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://www.nosejobphotos.com

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon