Is This Much Asymmetry Normal? (photo)

I was asymmetric before, got a lift and augmentation. I'm 5 weeks post op but the right still feel a lot smaller, and the right nipple is bigger. Have you seen cases like this, where the breasts have this much asymmetry but end up looking more symmetrical months later. I've never had nice breasts so I really want this to turn out great.

Preop asymmetry is more visible pot op

+1

Your Preop photos reveal asymmetry. In order to achieve long term symmetry you would have needed to have  removed  skin. On the right . At this point it is hard to judge because your tissue has not stretches since the surgery . In 3-6 months you should exert your breast to look like they did Preop but filled instead of deflated. The pockets should fill with the implants. You should not see the high position on the right implant that you now see.  Tthe asymmetry will still be present and you may want to achieve symmetry with a lift. I have a few exexamples on my web of augs converted to lifts to achieve a prettier result.  Be patient and you will see improvement in you result

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Is This Much Asymmetry Normal?

+1

Based on the before photo showing very significant asymmetry, I feel the result is acceptable. But I would have told you that you may have needed a second surgery to try and achieve better symmetry. Go talk to your surgeon to better understand the staged surgery concept. 

Post Operative Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the question. Your surgical site in full of inflammation and the scarring process is very active. Over the next 3 to 6 months the swelling and the scarring process will subside and your soft tissues will begin to relax and accommodate allowing the implants to "fall" into their desired position. Understand that this occurs not only with time but at different rates in each of the breasts.

You are still in the early part of healing. The asymmetry you see can be very normal but will improve eith time as the process delineated above progresses. Be patient and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon , it appears from the photos that they have done a nice job.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Is This Much Asymmetry Normal?

+1

It takes 3-6 months to truely determine final outcome and if asymmetry exists.  Give it some time and follow the instructions provided by your plastic surgeon.  Congratulations on your surgery and wish you the best.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Is This Much Asymmetry Normal?

+1

Let's just say that this much asymmetry is non unexpected. It is way to early to evaluate symmetry. Many implants are "high riding" at this stage, and it is not surprising that it is higher on the side with tighter skin. Allow 3 to 6 months for the implants to settle as the pectoralis muscles relax and the breast skin stretches to accomodate the implants. 

The breast shapes seem quite reasonable, expecially given the pre-op difference.

Thank you for your question and for the photos. Follow up with your surgeon, with whom you should discuss your concerns and expectation.