Will my Asymmetry Improve with Time?

My right breast was smaller going into surgery (about half a cup size), and unfortunately I experienced a hematoma on that side the day after my procedure.

At my post-op visits, my PS has assured me the right side will look more like the left after the scar tissue softens. He said scar tissue often peaks at 4-5 weeks post-op (sometimes longer) and after that point the right breast should start softening and dropping more. It feels as if the left side is almost a cup size bigger than the right!

Sweling after breast augmentation.

It sounds like there may be a few things going on after your augmentation.  I assume a larger implant was placed on the right side.  Did you have silicone or saline implants?  I would wait for a while longer and then if asymmetry is not resolved, discuss a solution with your plastic surgeon.

Wishing you all the best,

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Champaign Plastic Surgeon