Can Asymmetry of Horizontal Scar Be Fixed on the Side That is Lower?

If this wasnt causing my skin to over lap causing discomfort & be about an inch and a half lower than the other side, im concerned as to how this can be corrected, It is enough to make my figure lop sided an unsightly.

IS it better to have entire scar revised so it heals more natural? Or will doing the one side be enough? I feel that having had the lipo to the abdomin would make it flatter and less full and even out giving me an hourglass figure, and it didnt. so unhappy. Thanks.

Abdominoplasty incisions

+1

As I looked at your photo improvement in the horizontal scar seems probable. It would require surgery and a new healing start. It does not appear that you have any Keloid scaring I would guess a favorable end result would occur. The removal of skin would be necessary to lower the incision.

Horizontal scar be fixed

+1

Thanks for the photo. I recommend complete scar revision + Body Jet Lipo as the methods to address your issues. This means another surgery with healing time - SORRY!

From MIAMI

Tummy tuck scars

+1

Revision of the scar can be performed to improve asymmetry and to improve on contour as necessary. It is best to wait at least 6 months to a year after surgery.

Revision Options with Vertical T (Fleur de Lis) Tummy Tuck

+1

Dear 2030anon,
I just answered another question by you. Although the post-operative photographs in both your posts are almost identical, they appear to have different skin pigmentation (? Photoshop).

As I stated in my other answer (http://www.realself.com/find/Tennessee/Memphis/Plastic-Surgeon/Peter-Aldea), without a "Before" picture, it is impossible to comment on the quality of your operation.

Your result is good but is not perfect. You appear to have residual fullness and skin excess along the sides which could not have been solved with only a Tummy Tuck. This MAY be improved with liposuction of the lower back / hips and possible skin excision / dog ear revision. Depending on the appearance of your thighs and buttocks you MAY even benefit from a Buttock/ Thigh Lift. which could remove the excess skin, lift the overhang and correct any posterior issues you have not shown us.

2nd question re TT

+1

Dear 2030anon, this is your second question in 2 days and it is unfortunate you are so unhappy with a basically reasonable result.  A litle revision of the dog ears could be done to improve it.  I wonder, even though you didn't show a preop photo, how is it that your expectations could have been so unrealistically high that you are now so unhappy?  I am sure you look much better than preop.  Maybe you could post a preop photo so we could really say more if it is reasonable to be so unhappy. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Correcting asymmetrical abdominoplasty scara

+1

I am sure you know that in order to give specific advice a surgeon must see you in person, but here are some comments based on what I see in the picture. The scar is asymmetrical but there are some differences of contour that appear to extend past the scars. My guess is that the best procedure would be to revise the entire scar to even things up, and including some liposuction on the hip areas would help too.

Richard Baxter, MD

Excess skin and fat after a Tummy Tuck can be fixed

+1

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your results. I agree that they can be improved. I would definitely recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon. I would recommend revising your scar on both sides of your abdomen. I think the part over your pubic region is ok. You have what is called "Dog Ears". The best way to correct this is to re-do this area, removing more of the excess skin, but this may also require extending your scar a little further. (but since we can't see how far it goes, it's hard to tell).

As far as getting the "Hour Glass" figure.... I think that removing this excess skin and maybe having some additional liposuction on your waistline and abdomen that you will have the shape you want.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD