Is Asymmetry Fixable? PS Said There is No Fix for Uneven Cleavage and Breast Difference Due to L Chest Wall Protrusion. (photo)

5'8" athletic build. I have 360 mod classic on L, 400 mod+ on R. I have L small protrusion on L chest wall thus different profiles. Surgeon says this is best she can do. Is there any way to make breasts more symmetrical? PS says she will do "whatever I want" but won't give suggestions b/c this is "the best she can do". I also asked for 450 on R and adjust L to what was needed and she said she couldn't do any more than 400 on R. I would like 475 R and 450 L but would I see a difference w/rev.?

Breast Revision for Asymmetry?

+1

The asymmetry is minimal, and your plastic surgeon did a great job.  I would not advise another surgery with its attendant risks in search of something elusive. 

+1

I really do not agree with you but you are the patient and your happiness is paramount. But realistic expectations are also very important. Seek in person opinions. 

Correction of breast asymmetry

+1
You have a very nice result. Breasts are never completely symmetrical. I would leave well enough alone because the potential gain is not outweighed by the risks of attempting additional surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Nice results for breast implants

+1

Everyone has some asymmetry of bilateral body parts some minor and some major. Your breasts look good and I do not think they can be made better without risk.

Is breast asymmetry fixable with augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and photos. There's natural asymmetry in everyone. I still have to meet the perfect symmetrical woman even after 22 years in practice.The asymmetry I see in the photos without the benefit of a physical exam, is that you have a capsular contracture on the right (photo is reversed?). I personally, would suggest fat grafting the cleavage area and the superior right breast to martch the left side. This might improve your contracture as well. Going to slightly larger implants will cost you more without any benefit. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

With revision surgery it is very important to articulate what exactly is bothering you to your surgeon

+1

In revisionary surgery it helps if you can be very specific in regards to what are your complaints to be sure these can be addressed.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Please send pre op pictures

+1

The results of the breast augmentation will depend on the patient's breast tissue, chest wall and surgeons skill. You have mild asymmetry of the chest wall that will not change with augmentation. Breast augmentation will enlarge the breast tissue and improve the asymmetry ,but will not  make the breasts identical. Going with bigger implant will not help.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fixing Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for your questions and photos.  When patients start with an asymmetry, they end with an asymmetry. Although we really try to improve this, subtle differences are always present. I would recommend against further surgery on you because I think you have an excellent result. Reoperative surgery would result in the possibility of significant complications including infection and contracture. I do not feel the risk-benefit reward ratio is worse recommending repeated surgery for your excellent result.

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

Size versus shape asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the question and the excellent photos.  I think most will agree that you have a mild-to-moderate asymmetry in the appearance of to your breasts.  It will be very important for you to decide what you would like to have changed about your breast shape and breast size.  There is no reason why you could not get larger implants in volume.  If your breast width is maxed out than going to a higher profile implant will allow you to increase the implant volume via an increase in projection.  All of these issues can be improved but will require careful discussion with your prospective plastic surgeon.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Is Asymmetry Fixable

+1

Asymmetry is often improvable. Fixable?? Probably not, depending upon one's standards. 

These breasts look reasonable symmetric to me on the photos. It may be that they look more different in 3 dimensions, but only an exam will make that determination. 

As to size,, I don't think you would see enough change with 50 cc to notice a difference worth all the effort and expense.  I am not sure why your surgeon has set a size limit. This makes sense if your implants are already as wide as the breast width, but that is a point of discussion to have with your surgeon. A second opinion from another surgeon would be appropriate if you are not happy with the answer, though be prepared for the same recommendation. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.