Asymmetry 8 Days out with Submuscular Textured Allergan 410s. Will It Even Out? (photo)

535 cc allergan 410s sub muscular. Preop measured symmetrically. Seems as if asymmetry worse the longer post op?

Asymmetry 8days post op with Allergan 410s

+1

At 8 days post-op, it's too soon to worry about final results.  Your breasts will change in shape over the next 3-6 months so continue to follow up with your surgeon and try to be patient.  Re-evaluate at that time and should you need a revision, discuss your options then.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

What can be done about this asymmetry in my breasts?

+1

My guess is you were NOT symmetry preoperatively! You did not post a before photo so how can we tell?? Please post a before photo//

Implants change a lot during the first 3 months

+1

It is very early in the healing process for you. I see quite a few patients with implant position asymmetry at one week that normalize with time. Follow up closely with your surgeon and be patient for now. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breasts settle with time and you have a very important role in just how much they do

+1

but your early photos show level upper poles which in my book is more important then anything else since that is what shows when wearing a tube top, bikini top, tank top, etc.  Nipple positions and other issues can usually be remedied with minor revisions if found to be necessary for a satisfactory outcome.  Follow your surgeon's advice on how to manipulate your implants to give you the best out come possible.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation result wil be final in a few weeks.

+1

Hi.

I think breasts should look great at the end of surgery (in fact, that is the end point).  The asymmetry you have will probably not get better.  In a few months, you will have to decide whether you can live with result or have a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Asymmetry 8 Days out with Submuscular Textured Allergan 410s. Will It Even Out?

+1

I think these look very close at this point. You will need to wait 3-4 months for this to settle out. One implant seems to always drop faster then the other side.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry 8 Days out

+1

Eight days is way too early to evaluate results. 

I do note some asymmetry in nipple areolar position, and although there are no photos posted from before surgery, I suspect there may have been a difference before surgery. Please consider posting before photos.

Patience.

Asymmetry 1 week post-op after placement of Allergan textured implants

+1

First, without preop images it is impossible to assess the degree of change, if any, of asymmetry.  Second, at only 8 days postop, it is very early to make any judgments about asymmetry, size, shape, or other similar issues as swelling and distortion of the tissues is typical at this stage.  You won't be able to make any clear determination about symmetry for another couple of months at least.  Textured implants don't usually "settle," but the tissues overlying them will change as they heal.  If there is any rotation or malposition of implants, it can be assessed at that time, and the implants can be adjusted if need be.  Have patience at this point; it's really the best option.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD