Possible Asymmetry and Solutions?

I've had asymmetric breasts ever since I started developing them, possibly because of an injury around when I started to develop. My left side is good. Its closer to a C cup. My right side is awful. Its closer to an A. I don't know my bust size. I wear a B cup, but it still has fitting issues. When I look at them it looks like my right side is stunted and just gave up. I've been losing weight & exercising to try and even them out, but something just doesn't look right. What options do I have?

Breast Asymmetry

+1

It would be helpful to post a picture.  Asymmetric breasts are more common than you think as the only breasts that women show off are the symmetric ones.  Your problem is common. Most volume asymmetries can be made better with asymmetric implants and in some cases getting a lift as well to correct nipple asymmetry. You are correcting in losing weight first but that will most likely not correct your developmental asymmetry but it will make your surgery more predictable. 

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of breast asymmetry

+1

Hi Moonchild,  Breast asymmetry is actually pretty common.  I see patients with this problem every week.  It's one of those conditions that gets very little attention by the media so a lot of patients think they are the "only one" with this problem.  Believe me - you have a lot of company.

Treatment of asymmetry depends on the patients anatomy and wishes.  I have used breast reduction, breast lift, breast implants, fat injections and even liposuction to treat asymmetry.  Every case is unique.

If you have quit developing and once you have reached a stable weight, it would be very reasonable for you to seek treatment.  I have seen young women (and a few middle-aged ones) blossom after treatment of breast asymmetry. 

You do need to realize that pregnancy and breast feeding can change the size and shape of breasts and if childbearing is in your future, you should plan on having more than one asymmetry procedure. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Asymmetric breasts easily fixed by breast surgery.

+1

Asymmetric breasts can be corrected by the proper use of differential breast implants and possibly breast reshaping surgery i.e. mastopexy.

Asymetrical breasts

+1

Thanks for your question.  Without a physical exam, it is impossible to know what are the different or appropriate options.  They could include a breast lift, reduction, lift/augmentation, or augmentation alone.  A consultation with your plastic surgeon will be very helpful!  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Solution to improve asymmetric breasts

+1
The injury to your right chest may be coincidental with your lack of breast development in the right breast. Asymmetric breasts are actually fairly common, especially in patients with Polands Syndrome, or Tuberous Breast deformity. When one side is significantly larger than the other, finding bras that fit well can be an problem. There are several solutions, one of which you've probably tried already. 1. Use padding on the right side alone. 2. Reduce the left breast. 3. Enlarge the right breast. A comprehensive exam and discussion with several plastic surgeons in you local area will help you decide which treatment would be best for you. Thank you for sharing your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Asymmetries are common

+1

Asymmetries are quite common.  Board certified plastic surgeons manage asymmetries every day in implant cases.  But its impossible for me to make any recommendations without a physical exam.   Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

+1
It is hard to say without a personal consultation with a doctor. Breast asymmetry is not uncommon and can usually be corrected with a combination of different breast procedures. I recommend seeing a doctor in person to get their expert opinion.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Photos would be helpful

+1

It is difficult to give recommendations without photos.  Clearly, there is something that can be done, but without more information, it is speculation.  Post some photos and you will get a better answer. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry and Solutions?

+1

At some point, you may benefit from in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your concerns, goals, and treatment options.  These options may include operations such as breast lifting, breast reduction, breast augmentation etc. Much of course will depend on your physical examination and specific goals. Best to seek consultation when you have achieved physical maturity and are at a long-term stable weight.

When it comes to choosing a plastic surgeon I generally advise that patients start with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

You may also find the attached link, dedicated to breast asymmetry issues, helpful to you.