Asymmetry After Breast Lift/ with Augmentation?

Unilateral BA at 19yo for asymmetry. Now 50. Encapsulated implant rmvd 3 wks ago, both breasts BL/BA, 304cc silicone, upper peri-aureolar, crescent lift. Small side incision good, large side ropey. Significant asymmetry. Left nipple 1" lower; implant closer to front, heavy/saggy. Right implant further "in" breast, less large/heavy. Surgeon offered in-office revision via lower peri-aureolar incision. Can an in-office “tweak” correct nipples & disparity in how the implants sit inside the breast?

Postop asymmetry

+2

Hi,

Thanks for the post. It's still VERY EARLY in your healing course. You started with what sounds like very different breasts. I would give this more time. It takes MONTHS to heal, not weeks. 

Also, can you post some before and after pics. Perhaps that will shed more light into what you are describing. 

I would suggest that given this degree of asymmetry, it's not uncommon to need a minor touch up to the scars for better symmetry. 

This process takes time and patience... 

Bennett Yang, MD

washington dc

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after Revision of Breast Augmentation

+1

Without pictures or an exam, this is incredibly difficult to give a precise answer.  However, if this is just a matter of areolar asymmetry, an areolar manipulation may be appropriate.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant malposition, breast skin, and limitations of office surgery.

+1

It is certainly possible to change breast shape (and implant appearance) with procedures designed to nip and tuck the breast skin. Nipple position is very amenable to office procedures to improve location upon the breast. However, for significant malposition issues, procedures to modify the internal capsule require an operating room due to the exposure of the implant.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Revision postaug

+1

You could do soem skin excision around the nipple but to open the pockets and re arrange the impalnts you really need to go to the sterile operatin room

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

I dont really understand what the last surgery was trying to accomplish, to correct the capsule and establish symmetry? At 3 weeks post op,it is too early to evaluate the outcome.The nipple-areaolar position can be improved with a minor o.r. procedure, but I do major pocket revisions in the surgery center. I dont have an accredited o.r. in my office.I have had to use a dermal substitue for long term capsule correction in some cases.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is not possible to give a useful opinion on the issues you present without the benefit of some photos. Please consider posting some, if possible including pictures from before the recent surgery. 

Asymmetry and nipple adjustment

+1

Of course, without seeing you in person or at least photos, it is difficult to say for sure. Certainly some things can be done under straight local.