Asymmetry After 300cc Mentor High Profile Silicone Under the Muscle Breast Augmentation?

I got 300cc Mentor high profile silicone under the muscle implants n am 17 days post-op.been wearing the surgical bra w/band 24/7,massaging them,n yet they are completely asymmetrical and the left one is super high up.

Ive asked my doctor countless times but she says nothing is wrong and it'll take another couple months til they look "normal". I had NO asymmetry pre-op. I have no pain (a bit sore still). Am I being paranoid or is she wrong? How long will it take for it to drop? What can I do?

Wait three to four months before assessing results

+1
When breast implants are first put into your body, they typically sit higher up in the chest. This is because it’s the path of least resistance – your body requires some time to adjust to their presence, regardless of whether they’ve been placed in a sub-mammary (between breast tissue and chest muscle) or sub-muscular (under both the breast and chest muscle). Immediately following surgery, you’ll find that your newly enhanced breasts appear very full and swollen, especially in the upper portion above the nipples. Your skin will most likely look very tight and your nipples may point slightly downward as well. This may make the shape and overall appearance of your breasts appear unnatural, and it appears this is your situation.  As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural. Over the course of about three to four months, your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”, and relieves the tightness you may be experiencing. It allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast.

The extent to which this occurs depends on several factors, including the implant size, the tightness of your skin, and your body shape.
Patients who experience this phenomenon at a higher rate typically:

have a smaller body frame
are tighter skinned
haven’t had children

This is in comparison to a larger breasted, post-partum woman.  

Please wait three to four months before assessing your results, and make sure to keep in touch with your surgeon. All the best.

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

+1

The left implant is definitely too high and needs to be lowered.  I would continue massaging for a month or so, then ask for a revision.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Breast implant asymmetry

+1

Some  degree of breast asymmetry  is to be expected after breast augmentation surgery,  especially on the 17th post op day. Sometimes implants may take several months and up to a year to “drop”.  I have found this to be especially true when work has been done on the lower pole of the breasts and/or when larger breast implants are used.

I would suggest continued patient,  nonaccusatory  follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Be patient

+1

Young patients have tight tissues that may compress the implant superiorly.  This is often made worse by the early surgical swelling.  This should improve progressively with a plateau 3-6 months later.  If residuals exist then revision can be contemplated.  You will be amzsed at how things evolve.  Avoid uplift support bras for  a full 6 weeks.

Chen Lee, MD, MSc, FRCSC, FACS

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation is uneven

+1

Give it some time to drop. The person who would best know whats going on would be your surgeon since he/she did your surgery and has seen you in person. Everyone elso is just guessing. So follow your surgeon's instructions and give it some time. If it doesn't drop after several months you may need a revision.

David E. Kim, MD

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

17 days after breast augmentation, especially under the muscle, is way to early to be concerned.  It can take 3-6 months for the implant to settle lower.  I would continue to massage as vigorously as possible.  I also recommend my patients not to wear a bra since this pushes the breast implant higher.  Good luck and be patient!

Stanley Castor, MD

Asymetry after breast augmentation

+1

Give it some time. I have been amazed at times how much change can occur with time. would not reoperate for 6 months.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

You will revision

+1

The problem is the lack of muscle release on the left side and muscle is pushing the implant higher and your breast tissue is falling off the implant. You can wait ,but I would do the revision earlier than later.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry after submuscular breast augmentation

+1

At 17  days post breast augmentation, it is still very early after your surgery and the symmetry and shape of the breasts will probably improve over the next 6 to 12 weeks.  You can assist in this process by wearing an elastic breast band or ace wrap above the breasts as well as performing breast massage - moving the implant in all four directions - up, down, to the middle, and to the sides.  Do the massage at least 3 times per day and firmly push the implant in each direction and hold it there for a least one minute.  Finish the massage exercise by pushing the implants as low as they will go and then reapply the breast band above the breasts.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Give the breasts some time. The submuscular implants often sit high initially and can take several months to settle.  If there is significant asymmetry at that point, then I would seek revision.