Asymmetry After 300cc Mentor High Profile Silicone Under the Muscle Breast Augmentation?

I got 300cc Mentor high profile silicone under the muscle implants n am 17 days post-op.been wearing the surgical bra w/band 24/7,massaging them,n yet they are completely asymmetrical and the left one is super high up.

Ive asked my doctor countless times but she says nothing is wrong and it'll take another couple months til they look "normal". I had NO asymmetry pre-op. I have no pain (a bit sore still). Am I being paranoid or is she wrong? How long will it take for it to drop? What can I do?

Wait three to four months before assessing results

+1

When implants are first inserted, they sit high up because your tissues are tight and gravity hasn't taken effect. Over time, natural tissue expansion occurs to allow the implants to fall into place. By this time, your breasts will have taken on a more natural contour, where the lower breasts become softer and rounder. Please wait at least four months for this to happen.

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

+1

The left implant is definitely too high and needs to be lowered.  I would continue massaging for a month or so, then ask for a revision.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Breast implant asymmetry

+1

Some  degree of breast asymmetry  is to be expected after breast augmentation surgery,  especially on the 17th post op day. Sometimes implants may take several months and up to a year to “drop”.  I have found this to be especially true when work has been done on the lower pole of the breasts and/or when larger breast implants are used.

I would suggest continued patient,  nonaccusatory  follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Be patient

+1

Young patients have tight tissues that may compress the implant superiorly.  This is often made worse by the early surgical swelling.  This should improve progressively with a plateau 3-6 months later.  If residuals exist then revision can be contemplated.  You will be amzsed at how things evolve.  Avoid uplift support bras for  a full 6 weeks.

Chen Lee, MD, MSc, FRCSC, FACS

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation is uneven

+1

Give it some time to drop. The person who would best know whats going on would be your surgeon since he/she did your surgery and has seen you in person. Everyone elso is just guessing. So follow your surgeon's instructions and give it some time. If it doesn't drop after several months you may need a revision.

David E. Kim, MD

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

17 days after breast augmentation, especially under the muscle, is way to early to be concerned.  It can take 3-6 months for the implant to settle lower.  I would continue to massage as vigorously as possible.  I also recommend my patients not to wear a bra since this pushes the breast implant higher.  Good luck and be patient!

Stanley Castor, MD

Asymetry after breast augmentation

+1

Give it some time. I have been amazed at times how much change can occur with time. would not reoperate for 6 months.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

You will revision

+1

The problem is the lack of muscle release on the left side and muscle is pushing the implant higher and your breast tissue is falling off the implant. You can wait ,but I would do the revision earlier than later.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry after submuscular breast augmentation

+1

At 17  days post breast augmentation, it is still very early after your surgery and the symmetry and shape of the breasts will probably improve over the next 6 to 12 weeks.  You can assist in this process by wearing an elastic breast band or ace wrap above the breasts as well as performing breast massage - moving the implant in all four directions - up, down, to the middle, and to the sides.  Do the massage at least 3 times per day and firmly push the implant in each direction and hold it there for a least one minute.  Finish the massage exercise by pushing the implants as low as they will go and then reapply the breast band above the breasts.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Give the breasts some time. The submuscular implants often sit high initially and can take several months to settle.  If there is significant asymmetry at that point, then I would seek revision.