Asymmetry After BA? (photo)

I've asked before but could not upload pic from mobile. I had my sub-musc BA almost 3 weeks ago (A cup). My right breast had less tissue than my left so surgeon recommended 300cc in left and 350 in right to even them. My asymmetry has now swapped sides. Is it worth planning to even them out in 12m or so? Is full replacement of 1 required to do so? I have mild scoliosis - my right shoulder/ribcage curves forward which may not help. Is it likely asymmetry will improve? Is this just swelling?

3 Weeks after Breast Augmentation and Asymmetry

+1

3 weeks after breast augmentation is too early to determine asymmetry.  The implants will change the shape over the next several months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Breast Asymmetry #breastimplants

+1

It is very early for you to be to worried. If in 6 months or so you still feel that you are very asymmetric then you could certainly have a revision. Give it time before you decide what to do. Things may settle out still.

Early asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

3 weeks is too early to make final judgement about size asymmetry. It's expected to have some residual swelling of the muscle and soft tissues around the implants. I would wait at least 3 months before deciding whether or not the asymmetry is significant. Asymmetry is the norm in human body, not the exception. The goal is to reduce the asymmetry after the surgery compared to before surgery.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Asymmetry

+1

Wait a minimum of 4-6 months. After tissues have stretched, the symmetry may return. Asymmetry for the first 6-8 weeks is not uncommon.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

+1

In general, asymmetry is normal. Sometimes like in your case, the smaller breast becomes larger.

Asymmetry

+1

Everyone has some degree of asymmetry. There is nothing that can be done with the anatomic differences caused by the scoliosis. Give yourself some more time for recovery. I personally dont like using different sized implants.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

You are still early in the post op period to determine the final symmetry.  I will take at least 6 months for the swelling to completely resolve.  At that time you can decide with your surgeon whether it is worth revision surgery.  Everyone has some asymmetry.  Especially if you have a degree of scolosis.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Breast Asymmetry After Surgery

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos along with your post.

Without pre-op pictures and the full details of your surgery, it is hard to provide you with a solid explanation to the asymmetry you exhibit after your surgery.

However, the mild scoliosis you have mentioned in your post should be taken into consideration as well as the size of the pockets where your implants settle into.

At this point, I recommend that you be a little more patient and that you keep communicating with your surgeon while following his/her post-op instructions religiously.

If after you accomplish full recovery you remain unsatisfied with the results, a revision could be performed to rectify the issue.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

I would choose the breast size you like most and just address the other

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  It appears that your breast shape is symmetric in terms of pocket creation and that your asymmetry is volume related.  In this situation I would encourage you to decide on which breast you like more and then change the volume of the other accordingly.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: Http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is visible in the picture. This asymmetry may be related to differential breast implant “settling”. This settling may  takes several months to finalize.

Therefore, it is too early to evaluate the end results of surgery and/or the need for revisionary breast surgery. In my opinion, you will be best off evaluating the results of surgery one year after it was performed.  At that point, if the breast asymmetry is significant, it is very likely that revisionary  surgery can improve the symmetry of the breasts.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm