Still Asymmetry 17 Days After Rhinoplasty, Will It Get Better? (Photos)

Hello. On the left, it is not swollen, I can feel my bone when I run my finger along my nose. On the right side, the "squishy layer" is so thick, I feel a swollen layer, I don't feel my bone when I run my finger along the nose, and my nose is so numb. It is causing the bridge to looks wider on this side. When I push gently, my bones feel symmetrical though. I slept and laid down on the right side, it may be the reason why. Bruising was also considerably worse on this side. Will it get better?

You need to be patient and wait

+1

You need to be patient and wait, it is not uncommon for there to still be a lot of swelling and possible asymmetry just weeks after surgery.

2.5 wks after rhinoplasty

+1

It is perfectly normal to have swelling and asome bruising at this time frame. The nose wil be very swollen and the bones may feel a bit weird.  Give it time to heal.

Nose asymmetric 15 days after Rhinoplasty.

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and I'm not sure what asymmetries you see in your nose because there are no before Rhinoplasty photos for comparison.  At 15 days, after a Rhinoplasty, your nose will still be sweollen and unevely so.  As always, it's best to ask your Rhinoplasty surgeon these types of questions.

Rhinoplasty asymmetry

+1

A few weeks into your recovery is still very early.  Swelling is still present in significant amounts but should be subsiding consitently.  There is a tremendous amount of activity in terms of the cartilage and swelling in the first few months so give it plenty of time.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Still swollen but generally should look better than preop

+1

You are only 17 days after the surgery. You should look better than before surgery but still swollen and not seing final result. At this point usually swelling is still present and normal. It will definitely get better over the time. You can experience changes up to one year. This is when you will see the final result of the surgery.  It takes patience and time, but you will notice your nose getting smaller and more symmetrical. Do not be alarmed and follow your surgeon’s guidelines. Make sure to follow up with him every so often and share you concerns.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD