Several Asymmetries, What Can Be Done! (photo)

I have many asymmetries that I think are all related. They drive me nuts! 1 My LFT face is more sunken or less full than RT, thus... 2 LFT eye appears smaller or HIGHER than the RT. Can I lower my left eye safely? Surgery? Other methods? 3 The RT Jaw is either larger or starts from a lower point than the LFT as my whole mouth is out of kilter w/my nose/face. Jaw surgery? 4 Last, my nose drifts towards my sunken LFT face and appears crooked where it meets the brow. Solutions? Help SO appreciated!

Facial asymmetry

+1

You seem to have many concerns. Without a proper exam it is not possible to determine the cause or predict a treatment with any degree of certainty. I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Fillers or Fat Grafting for Facial Asymmetry

+1

Fillers or fat grafting can help certain elements of facial asymmetry.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Facial assymetry correctable by fat grafting

+1

All of your concerns are correctable by fat grating. The deepset eyes can be improved, the jawline corrected, the thinness of the cheeks and face filled out You don't need bones moved or implants inserted.It can all be done by fat transfer,

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Surgical and Non-Surgical Solutions for Facial Asymmetries

+1

Facial asymmetry is normal and everyone is asymmetrical to some degree. The faces shape is determined by the relationship between the bone and soft tissue and muscles in your face. You might benefit from an injectable filler to add volume to sunken areas and balance face. At my practice we offer the Vampire Facelift to add volume to the mid-face area and generate collagen production. In terms of lowering your left eye, please understand that eyelift surgery or brow lift surgery should be done by an qualified oculoplastic or oculofacial plastic surgeon if you a candidate. As a cosmetic oculofacial plastic & reconstructive surgeon operating in New York, I recommend you consult with a specialized doctor or cosmetic surgeon who can give you a proper examination of your face and offer treatment advice depending on your cosmetic goals.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Most people have facial asymmetry, which is more noticable in photographs than "in person" Why?

+1

As a facial plastic surgeon, people are coming in for facial analysis for treatment of their noses, faces, chins etc. Most people have at leasty minor facial asymmetry. Very often they will comment that their faces look more crooked in photos than in real life. Why is that? We are much more used to the way we look in the mirror. You look in the mirror many times a day; brushing your teeth, coming your hair, putting on aftershave or makeup. We rarely look at our faces up close in photos.

So for patients with asymmetric faces, I reverse their image on my computer to show what they normally see. As for treatment, they range from simple to complex. For minor asymmetries, fillers are great. Facial implants can be also used, either by carving stock implants to fit the asymmetry or computer generated custom facial implants.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Several Asymmetries, What Can Be Done!

+1

Yes your photos shows genetic mild asymmetry of the face. Best to have a complete work up in person with facial scans to determine the bony involvement and the muscle/soft tissue issues. 

Facial Asymmetries

+1

Although perfect symmetry would be great, I have never seen a patient who presents with this level of perfection. In addition, I also have never seen a patient with perfect symmetry after successful surgery.

With this in mind, I do see some rather mild asymmetries also on your face. They can be improved but I would only recommend this if you "better" represents an acceptable goal for treatment. I would start with non-surgical options such as injectable fillers.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon