Asymmetrical Nostrils After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty ten years ago and my nostrils have been very asymmetrical ever since. I am very self conscious of it and would like to get a revision. I've been to see the original doctor and a second opinion and both said that it would be risky to fix. Is this that hard to fix. I would really appreciate your opinion :)

Nostril Asymmetry after Rhinoplasty

+2

Although you can place an alar rim graft or alar strut graft, the visibility or palpability of this can sometimes be a problem. You could also consider placement of filler at the rim level to reduce the height of the nostril.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Alar retraction is fixable with the right graft

+2

From your photo, it appears that you have developed retraction of the left alar rim. This type of problem is usually repaired by placing a composite ear cartilage graft. Although a little tricky to perform, it is not really a risky fix.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Asymmetrical Nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your asymmetry is secondary to retraction of the nostril rim. This can be corrected with a cartilage graft placed under the skin above the edge of the nostril. In the hands of an experienced surgeon I don't feel this is a risky procedure.

Asymmetrical Nostrils After Rhinoplasty?

+1

With ONLY one posted underexposed photo really can not advise. Seek more in person evaluations to better understand the risks involved in this repair.