Asymmetrical Nose After Rhinoplasty, Could This be Due to Swelling? (photo)

Hi, I had an open rhinoplasty surgery 3 months ago, I was shocked to find my nose asymmetrical, haven't been looking at my new nose carefully for the past 3 months till recently. The right side of my nose looks great and nicely done but the left side isn't. I told the plastic surgeon about it and he told it is due to the swelling. I took some photos and decided to post them here to get more confirmation to ease my mind. Is the asymmetric due to swelling or is it not nicely done?

Asymmetrical Nose After Rhinoplasty, Could This be Due to Swelling?

+1

Swelling after an open Rhinoplasty typically lasts at least 6 months before the nasal tip lymphatic vessels reconnect.  This can continue for a year, or more.  IMHO, you should wait at least 6-9 months and in the meantime discuss this with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  IMO, it's imperative that anyone performing Rhinoplasty understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and equally as important, know how that nose fits into the overall aesthetics of a more attractive face.

Asymmetry 3 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Because this asymmetry is diffuse over one side of the nose, it is probably secondary to temporary post-op swelling. Hopefully this will resolve over the next several months.

Asymmetric rhinoplasty

+1

Impossible to tell from those pictures. you need to re-submit closer photos. Try and take photos from the crown of the head to the chin. Best would be to get front, right and left laterals, 3/4 views from both sides and base.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon