What Can I Do About Asymmetrical Nasal Folds?

I feel as though my nasal folds are asymmetrical and are giving me a lopsided look. (My lips are thin too, but I guess that's another story.) Would Restalyn be the best option for treatment, or is there another procedure that would be better in terms of creating a more symmetrical appearance? I'm a 31-year-old woman and haven't had any prior cosmetic treatments. Thank you.

Treatment of asymmetrical nasolabial folds

+2

Asymmetric use of hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm will reduce the asymmetry between the folds. However there is no procedure that will eliminate them completely.

There are other small surgical procedures that may help the asymmetry as well if the hyalunonic acid alone does not do enough.

For more permanent augmentation, we prefer the patient's own untraumatized tissues (LiveFill)

Fillers for correction of asymmetry

+1

Hi there-

Your minor asymmetry could absolutely be improved using fillers (multiple options exist).

And I agree with my colleagues that it is important you realize that asymmetry is the rule rather than the exception.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Fillers for nasolabial folds

+1

Most individuals have a difference between their right nasolabial fold as compared to their left; thus, this represents a normal condition. When placing filling material, we can sometimes improve symmetry —although thanks to genetics, there will likely always be a slight asymmetry. Fillers are probably your best option for you in order to even out things and get the results you want. As for your lips, fillers can work great for volume and since it's instantaneous, you see results immediately.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric nasolabial folds commonly treated with filler

+1

Everyone has some degree of asymmetry with respects to their nasolabial folds.  Some asymmetries are worse than others.  The simplest, easiest, and most conservative method to address this is with injections of fillers like Restylane or Juvederm. 

One other alternative is to take a fascia graft and place it underneath the nasolabial folds, which is a more permanent solution, however, this is only done in our office at the time of facelifts since we already have another incision already open where we can harvest some of the fascia while placing them under the nasolabial folds.  The fascia grafts are a permanent fix to the nasolabial area.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Facial Asymmetry Correction with Botox and Fillers

+1

Facial, breast and buttock asymmetry are the rule - not the exception. In your case the left nose to lip (Nasolabial) fold appears deeper. But if you look carefully, that part of the face has a mild Elvis snarl as well due to the contraction of the muscles on that side.

To correct it, seek out a good Plastic surgeon and have him/her evaluate you for asymmetric placement of Botox, in tiny doses, on the left side. After some muscle relaxation is obtained, I would re asses the face and place a filler in the Nasolabial folds Perlane VS. Radiesse with superficial Juvederm/Restylane to complete the correction.

The key here is picking the right doctor. You need a Plastic surgeon with a cosmetic eye and a good understanding of the anatomy of this area.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Asymmetry

+1

Fillers are very good for improving nasolabial folds, but usually don't get rid of them completely, and may not completely fix the asymmetry.

Asymmetry is actually not that bad of a thing, it actually improves perceived beauty.

Not to make you crazy, but to demonstrate my point, your lips are not symmetrical either (left upper lip is fuller).

Asymmetrical nasal folds

+1

Everyone's nasal folds are a bit asymmetrical. This can easily be adjusted with any one of a number of facial fillers alike the hyaluronic acids.

Fillers for the nasolabial folds.

+1

The asymmetry can be vastly improved with fillers. In my opinion, based on 35 years of using fillers, the best for this area is Radiesse. It is the filler that makes patients say "WOW', if properly done.

Restylane and Botox will help the asymmetry around your mouth.

+1

Hi.

1) Asymmetrical nasolabial folds are very common, and they can be corrected with the skillful injection of a filler, either Restylane or Juvederm. Of course, more needs ot go in your left side.

2) The right corner of your mouth is a little lower. This can be corrected with a tiny amount of Botox (5 units) injected between the corner of your mouth and your jawline.

Fillers for nasolabial folds

+1

The quickest procedure with the least downtime/recovery time, smallest risk of complications and most bang for your buck is an injectable filler. The next step is to choose which filler and which physician. There are numerous ones that would fit the bill. My favorite for this area is radiesse because it lasts a few years and my patients have been very happy with out. Different fillers have different properties and some have to be injected deeper than others to avoid problems. There are many qualified doctors out there who can perform this procedure. Make sure the doctor you choose is familiar with the type of filler they plan to use.

Do not be concerned about the asymmetry because this type of asymmetry is very common. You will just need more filler on one side.