The left side of my face is quite wider than the right side. Asymmetrical face? (Photo)

Hi. I've always noticed that my face is quite asymmetrical in terms of structure. Recently, the asymmetry seems to have become more pronounced, especially when I reviewed some portraits of myself. If you see the photo, its quite obvious that the left side of my face is quite wider than the right side. I was wondering if there are any procedures that could possibly change this to even out the symmetry of my face.

Volumizing Fillers Can Work Well For Creating or Promoting Facial Symmetry

+1
Some degree of facial asymmetry is more the norm than the exception. Admittedly, we are symmetrical in so far as we have two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, etc., but if one looks really closely, asymmetry between the sides of our faces can be found in many people. 

It appears from the photo that the right side of the face is somewhat flatter than the left and that greater symmetry might be achieved by a nonsurgical cheek augmentation and a nonsurgical jawline augmentation on the right side. In my Upper East Side Manhattan practice, I would use Voluma XC for both the cheek and jawline augmentations. In my Israel practice, where a far greater number of regulatory agency-approved products are available, I would opt to use Stylage XXL for the cheek augmentation for its smoothness and Restylane SQ for its delineation of the jawline. 

Improving facial asymmetry with filler

+1
Yes, I do agree that you have a mild facial asymmetry in this photo.  Your right face, but looker's left, is broader or wider than your left face.  Something that would help, is to put filler like Voluma or Radiesse in the smaller side by your jaw angle and lateral cheek. 

It is common to have facial asymmetries like this, and I have seen quite a few people over the years with this.  I would also suggest that when you sleep, you try to sleep more on your right side especially if you have just had the filler treatment on your left side.  It is possible you were either chewing more on your right side to cause the right side to enlarge, or sleeping more on your left side (over many years) to cause the flattening and atrophy of that side.

Karen Stolman, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Face

+1
Your face is asymmetrical with the left side actually slightly larger than the right.  This is a very common and not an abnormal situation.  No one has two sides of the face that are symmetrical.  Although in severe cases facial plants can be placed on the smaller side, without looking at your face closely, I am not sure I would recommend any treatment.  It would be worthwhile to get an opinion from a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon