Asymmetrical Eyelids After Double Blepharoplasty?

I did double blepharoplasty upper eyelid lift, but did a correction/ enhancement for the left one because it still drooped after surgery. It looked ok at first, but after three dates, it seems to have drooped again. Is the asymmetry something to worry or give it some time?

Asymetry after Asian Double eyelid blepharolasty revision takes time to get better

+2

I do see the droop and asymetry on the left after the revision of your Asian Double Eyelid

Blepharoplasty

. You look to be early in the healing process. If you are in the first 6 weeks after the revision, this amount of asymetry is not unusual.

Hopefully over the next few months the muscle function will improve and healing of the scar will contract the lid and you will look more symetrical.

If you are not better at 6-8 months another revision can be done but I would personally wait a year before considering a revision.

Asymmetries are common before surgery and if you had an asymetry before it will likely also be evident after the surgery.

Asymmetry after blepharoplsaty

+2

Asymmetry after blepahroplasty is normal. Each eye is a bit different,. and you can not make them perfectly even.  The eyes have different shapes, the orbital bony size is different, etc..

Give it some time

+2

Asymmetry is common after double eyelid blepharoplasty but is avoidable by doing repeated measuring during the procedure.

• When you go back to revise one eye it will look asymmetric for awhile during the healing phase and this is unavoidable and always the case.
  • You have to give it some time and not do anything until the healing has taken place. If you do something during this healing phase it could make it look even more asymmetric in the long run.
  • I would wait at least 3-6 mos before considering any more treatment. Based on the pictures it looks appropriate right now and I think it will look great in a couple of weeks.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after double eyelid surgery

+1

As you might surmise from the answers already posted there is great variation in the cost of liposuction. First of all, compare apples to apples: that is compare prices in your locale and compare prices charges by board certified plastic surgeons.

The total cost of liposuction varies according to locale so that liposuction in New York City is going to cost more than in Boise Idaho and that is based upon the cost of doing business in those areas. The cost may vary with the experience of the surgeon and certainly the cost of liposuction will depend on other factors such as the extent of the procedure, the time involved, the number of areas, the amount of fatty tissue involved, the type of anesthesia, the type of facility and so on. In my area abdominal liposuction costs about $4500 and each additional area costs an additional $1500. In addition, you have to factor in the facility fees and the cost of anesthesia.

My recommendation would be to seek out the best qualified surgeon for your liposuction surgery, have a consultation and a discussion about the fees involved. I would not recommend going to the least expensive surgeon on the block since we are talking about results here and the cost difference may not be worth a bad outcome.

In addition, I would recommend that you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon who has been doing the Slim lipo procedure because the results from laser assisted liposuction are superior to conventional liposuction. Slim lipo will result in a smoother contour, tighter skin, less bruising and post op discomfort, and less likelihood of contour deformities.

Kami K. Parsa, MD