Asymmetrical Eyelids After Asian Blepharoplasty

Good day, In august 2009 I had double eyelid surgery. Its been more than a year since then and I am not happy with the results, due to the asymmetry of the shape of eyelids. I think its due the not identical cuts on the eyes. Shape-wise I prefer much better the my right eye (with the lower fold), however how possible is it to even my eyes out? Ia it possible to lower the cut on my left eye? Please let me know, because it bugs me big time. Thank you!

There is nothing mysterious going on here.

+1

Dear Piece

You surgeon did not perform an anchor blepharoplasty which is an essential part of the Asian eyelid surgery.  The good news is that your surgeon left you with a low fold.  You are an excellent candidate for eyelid surgery revision.  The key here is your excess skin is between the upper eyelid crease and the eye lashes.  A very precise excision of this skin is needed.  The skin to be removed need to just come up to about 1mm below the current lower eyelid crease.  Also when the eyelid is opened at surgery, the levator aponeurosis needs to be exposed and sutures are needed between the freshly tailored eyelid platform skin and muscle and the levator aponeurosis.  No skin should be removed about the current eyelid crease.  This will give you a sharply defined eyelid platform and a well defined fold.  Please don't assume that just anyone can perform this.  You will need to travel for this type of work.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Revision blepharoplasty may be your best bet

+1

Revision blepharoplasty can be a possible option.  Unfortunately, when you have to revise these asymmetries, they are more challenging than the first time.  

Asian Eyelid Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for your question... Based on your photo's I can appreciate why you would be bothered by the asymmetry. Unfortunately, even in the best hands, sometimes these things can happen. Fortunately, this asymmetry can be corrected in one of two ways, depending on if your fold was created using the full thickness cutting technique or just the suture folding technique. Either way the procedure is tricky and you certainly want to go to a well qualified plastic or ocuoloplastic surgeon for this. Good luck! and best wishes!

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon