Asymmetrical Before and After Breast Implants? (photo)

I was slightly asymmetrical prior to my breast implant surgery yesterday. Therefore, my doctor put 350cc in left breast and 375cc in the right. However, I'm noticing a small amount of asymmetry after surgery still. Is this mainly due to me being more swollen on my left breast? Or is it possible I will remain a little asymmetrical once the swelling is down? (It doesn't really bother me, but I'm just curious). I posted photos to view. Thanks :)

Asymmetry One Day After Breast Augmentation

+2

Congratulations on your beautiful new breasts and kudos to your plastic surgeon.  He or she did a very nice job.  The difference in size of your pre-op breasts looks to me about 25-50 ccs, so I think your plastic surgeon took an appropriate and conservative approach to your asymmetry.  Its very possible your ribs were at a different level on the two sides, and this too can lead to some perception of asymmetry.  Obviously, one day after, it is hard to say.  Give it time.  I am sure you will be very pleased with the results. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

+1

It is still far too early to determine what your final result will be from your surgery.  There is still swelling and settling that needs to take place over the next several weeks.  Likely when your healing is more complete your asymmetry will be hardly noticeable.  Good luck!

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation asymmetry

+1

Five hours after surgery is far too early to be able to tell whether or not your asymmetry has been totally corrected, but at this point, it appears that your surgeon did a great job.  There will always be slight asymmetries from side to side even in the best of cases, but I think that as your swelling decreases, it will be barely noticable...you have what looks to be a great result. Congratulations!

Dr. Hall

I suspect things will be fine

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  Before surgery you had a small volume asymmetry but we must also remember that there is likely also a little tissue laxity difference since the slightly larger breast will naturally have a little more skin laxity.  This early in the healing process many factors related to swelling can contribute additional mild asymmetry.  I am glad that you are happy and that you are doing well.  I suspect that once the swelling goes down things will be even better.  Implant exchange swapping out implants slightly bigger or smaller is a straightforward process and can even be done in the office under local anesthesia.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-augmentation.cfm

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. At this point, I would suggest that you concentrate on resting;  do not worry about the end results of surgery given that it will take several months before you see the final results of the procedure. 

You are correct in that some degree of breast asymmetry is to be expected despite your plastic surgeon's best efforts. I tell all of my patients to expect the breasts to be “sisters, not twins".

Best wishes for a smooth recovery and  an outcome that you are very pleased with.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Asymmetry and breast augmentation

+1

Asymmetry pre and post op is normal.  Hope u 

continue with an uneventful recovery.  It takes weeks to see your final result. Best wishes

Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Symmetry Cannot Be Judged Immediately Post-op

+1

One day following surgery is way too soon to determine whether or not breasts are symmetrical after an augmentation mammoplasty.  There is often more swelling on one side than the other.  It also takes a period of time before implants find their ultimate position.

Asymmetrical Before and After Breast Implants?

+1

ONLY 1 day post operative! Are you being serious? PLEASE allow at least 3 months of healing before being SO concerned about a minor asymmetry !!!