Asymmetric Tip Taping Post-Rhinoplasty

I just had a septo Rhinoplasty performed yesterday, and I'm healing up quite nicely already. However, I have noticed that the taping my doctor used to keep the tip raised under the splint is placed on slightly asymmetrical, meaning that the tape is over to one side a tiny bit, therefore pulling the tip slightly to the left. I was just wondering, will this could cause any permanent problems? Will the tip will be asymmetrical when he removes the cast and tape in 4 days time, or is the tape simply there to hold up the tip?

Assessing the Nose with a Cast in Place

+1

It is difficult to assess the nose with a cast in place.   Once the cast comes off, a better assessment of the nose can take place.

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/revison%20rhinoplasty.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Probably fine but call your doctor

+1

Greetings,

The uneveness you note may just be some swelling and will unlikely present a long term problem. I would definitely agree though that if you are concerned, see your surgeon ASAP so that he can evaluate it in person and make a determine if something needs to be done.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

I agree with the other surgeons.

+1

Probably only due to swelling, but call your surgeon if you are concerned.

Asymmetry of nasal tip

+1

If the tape is pulling your tip over to one side, you  may want to contact your surgeon to be evaluatted.  It sometimes is hard to tell because of the swelling and the bandage.

Most likely an optical illusion

+1

More than likely, your impression of asymmetry is distorted by the splint and swelling. But if you are concerned, return to your doctor ASAP for further evaluation.