Asymmetric Nostrils After Primary Rhinoplasty, What Can Fix this? (photo)

I had a primary rhinoplasty 8 weeks ago. My nostrils are very asymmetrical, and my whole nose looks crooked due to this. My face looks very strange because of this. I'm pretty sure I will need revision rhinoplasty to correct this. However in the meantime is there anything I can do to to fix it?? Will injections or fillers help? Thank you

Asymmetric Nostrils After Primary Rhinoplasty

+1

Eight weeks is still very soon after your surgery, and it is too soon to tell whether you would need revision work.  70% of the swelling is resolved after the first three months, and the remainder goes down over time. The final result of a rhinoplasty is not evident for 18-24 months following surgery.  It is important to be patient during the healing process. Thank you and I hope this helps.

Dr. Nassif

Revision Nostril Surgery

+1

The photos you have posted are limited so it is difficult to tell without seeing the rest of your face how best to address your request.  It is unclear if you are slightly rotated in the second photo, however, based on that photo, it appears that you could benefit from having an alar base reduction on one side to help make the nostrils more symmetric.  This could be done in the office with local anesthesia so that you are awake.  I would recommend you have a consultation with a board certified specialist to help you achieve the goals you desire.  Unfortunately fillers probably won't help your situation much.

Kimberly Lee, MD