I Have an Asymmetric Nose Tip 4 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty, The Surgeon over Corrected Original Asymmetry. Will This Heal Straight?

Asymmetric nose tip 4 weeks post op.

+1

Hard to give an opinion without photos.  In this case, 4 weeks is very early to make any comments.  Noses can be swollen for up to a year.  Please do communicate your concerns with your surgeon.

Asymmetric Tip 4 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

At 4 weeks the asymmetry may be temporary swelling. It is difficult to determine at this time but you will know as healing progresses.

Over Corrected Original Asymmetry

+1

4 weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon.  The fact that the asymmetry is now on the other side is actually good since cartilage has memory and will to some extent return back to original shape

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

4 weeks post Rhinoplasty is too soon to evaluate the final result.  You should have this discussion with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon as only he/she knows what was done during your Rhinoplasty.

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

Is is not uncommon to have asymmetries so early after rhinoplasty. This may not be a "real" asymmetry, but just changes seen as the swelling decreases, since the left and right sides don't decrease in swelling at the same rate. As the swelling decreases, if this is a real asymmetry, it should be come obvious then. I would wait about six months from surgery to get a firmer diagnosis.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon