Asymmetric before and after breast augmentation

my surgeon had told me that he had to create a pocket because i did not have enough fold crease..im 7weeks after surgery..and it seems like its going to look this way..my main reason for surgery is beause i was not even due to breastfeeding..and now im where i started..i know a little asymmetic is ok..but this is too..obvious..disapponiting..what happened?? what should i do??

Post augmentation asymmetry

+2

Assuming your surgeon was a board certified plastic surgeon who you met with on at least 2 occasions and dscussed the particulars and realities of your proposed surgery, you should voice your concerns and stay with  him ,or her.

Wait 6 months and take post op pictures and compare the existing "asymmetry" and THEN discuss possible options. I would not " sh0p it around" and have another surgery until then.

Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

Without seeing how the breasts looked before and then immediately after the procedure I think it's unfair to comment on whether the pocket was made correctly or incorrectly. You may have some element of capsular contracture on the left side that is limiting how much the implant is dropping  and may even be making it shift higher. It's still early so I would see what they look like after a few more months of healing. Your doctor should be able to give you some instructions on the care of the implants until then.

Implant Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation Will Require Revision

+1

Asymmetry after breast augmentation can be the result of the accentuation of one's pre-existing breast differences, asymmetry in the position of the breast implants, or some combination of both. I would wait a full 3 months after surgery to see if the left breast implant will settle and drop a bit. While I suspect it will not, more time will not hurt to see if any improvement occurs. If this degree of asymmetry persists, you will need to have the left breast implant repositioned by lowering the pocket.

Web reference: http://www.eppleybreastaugmentation.com/

Start conservatively

+1

Your left breast implant is too high.  Your right breast implant doesn't fill out the upper inner part of your right breast.  I would recommend using the subpectoral strap at night for 3 or 4 weeks in an effort to move the implants down.  It looks like your skin is tight, so it may need some stretching to accomplish this.  If this doesn't work, you will need a revision.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

Asymmetry is one of the most difficult issues after breast augmentation as many expect the implants to correct the unevenness. To an extent implants will improve breast symmetry by adjusting the fold and volume to better match the opposite side. In your photo it appears that the fold was not released and expanded with your augmentation on the left. We would suggest a breast band over a t-shirt for several weeks as the implants settle in, though our bet is a revision will be required to improve the left.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

I was asymmetric before surgery and still is after breast augmentation

+1

Thanks for posting a photo. From the posted photo I feel the inferior dissection on your left breast was lacking. Thus you need a revision. Sorry. 

+1

Thank you for posting your photo.  It appears that the left breast (right in the photo) that the implant pocket is higher than the right- that it does not come down low enough on that side.  Sometimes placement of a breast strap over  just the higher breast when worn day and night can help strech the pocket after surgery- hard to tell whether at 7 weeks this will be successful, but worth a try.  Otherwise, I think you will need a revision on that side to open up the pocket inferior. Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

It is very common to have some breast asymmetry after breast enhancement  pretty much in all patients that have it before surgery.  Subtle differences between the breasts are generally acceptable.  More than subtle may mean a touch up surgery to possibly improve a breast that may be slightly more ptotic or "droopy" .  In general before surgery these differences are noticed and discussed with you by your surgeon.  If it is quite bothersome to you you should check with your surgeon.  Sometimes if it is right after surgery it may be related to uneven swelling.  If you have given it some time.  I would recommend returning to your original surgeon and checking with him/her to see if there is any way that the asymmetry can be surgically corrected. 

Good Luck to you.

Kimberly Henry M.D. 

San Francisco, CA

Web reference: http://www.drkimberlyhenry.com

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon