Asymmetry After Upper and Lower Eye Surgery

i had upper & lower cosmetic eye surgery 4 months ago and now have asymmentry of eyes.my left eye opens outword also think surgon did not remove quite enough skin, right eye is lifting upwords toword my eyebrow.

Yes, asymmetry is possible

+1

Yes, asymmetry is possible. It can usually be corrected by a trained board-certified physician. For more information about eyelid surgery, visit my website.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of the eyes

+1

Everyone has asymmetry and quite often patients notice these after a procedure.  Your concerns should be discussed with your doctor.

Asymmetry after Blepharoplasty

+1

I would definitely address your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Everyone has some asymmetry in their face and you will always have some degree of asymmetry even post-op. Also keep in mind that it can take up to a year to fully heal and see final results. I would definitely address your concerns with your plastic surgeon. I would need ot examine to recommend a course of action; A revision or additional surgery may be necessary.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Asymmetry After Blepharoplasty - Complex Issue

+1

There are many reasons why you may have asymmetry after your blepharoplasty procedures.  This is something that is very difficult to address online, especially without photos.  Your best bet is to speak with your surgeon who can examine you and provide answers and options.  If the asymmetry is due to your surgery, your surgeon should be able to offer you options on how to improve your results.  Let your surgeon examine you and guide you.  Good luck!

Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon - www.ganchi.com

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after surgery

+1

In most cases, asymmetry after surgery is due to uneven healing or swelling.  However, several months later, you need to look for other causes.  There may be a asymmetry in the support of the tissue, uneven internal scarring, uneven incisions, etc.  You really need to be seen in consultation or post some pictures to give you more specific advice.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Assessing your issues to provide a meaningful response requires photos or a consult.

+1

Issues of asymmetry following eyelid surgery are common and a common reason why people consult me for revisional eyelid surgery.  A personal consultation is needed to get to the bottom of these issues.  Your original surgeon should be motivated to address these concerns.  However, if they tell you there are no issues, it is really likely what they are telling you is that they did surgery the best they know how and are not able to offer the type of detailed assessment and correction needed to address the remaining concerns.

Blepharoplasty

+1

Everyone has some asymmetry from one side of face to other side.  However, unequal postoperative healing can also exaggerate the phenomenon.  You may be right as to one side having more skin that other side.  Morever, one eyelid may be weaker than the other.  In short, there are various factors contributing to eyelid symmetry, most of which can be improved if needed.

Dr T.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon