Still Swelling 3 Months After Lower Blepharoplasty?

I had a midface and lower blepharoplsty three months ago. My left eye is healing, has a normal shape, however my right eye is swollen. The swelling looks like excess muscle, tissue covered with excess skin. I am doing a consultation with my doctor thru phone since he lives in another country . He keeps telling me it will subside in time. I am losing hope because I have not seen any improvement at all. How do I know I need a canthopexy?

Swelling three months after eyelid surgery

+1

I agree with the previous comment that you need help from a doctor, either the one who did your procedure, or if that is not possible, someone in your area who would be willing to help you.  Often that can be a problem, as many plastic surgeons are reluctant to get involved in complications from procedures done abroad.  I stress to my patients, that they are not only getting my skill on the day of surgery, but for as many visits as necessary afterwards to deal with their healing process. The postoperative healing can have a big impact on the final result, and unfortunately you short-changed yourself by getting your care outside the usual channels.

Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling after Blepharoplasty

+1

You should go see a plastic surgeon for a second opinion, that is the only way to know if you need some procedure.

It is unusual to have significant swelling at this point.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-eyelid-surgery-newport-beach.php