If Cheek Bones Were Asymmetrical Prior to Cheek Implants, Will They Still be Asymmetrical After?

hi i would like to know if having assymetry cheek bones prior to cheek augmentation will result in a assymetric look aswell?. is that normal? or is that someone my surgeon should have taken into account. like it doesnt really bother me. i guess i like one side more than the other. however i did have that same issue before i got my operation done. thankyou

+1

I have performed many, Cheek Implant surgeries over the past 20 years and I tell all of my patients that the most important issue is to create the appropriate aesthetic cheek shape and not about making the cheeks symmetric.  You will always have one cheek that's a better shape.  The only time, I use two different sized cheek implants are in post facial trauma when one cheek was fractured or crushed.  IMO, a 1 mm difference in implant thickness (projection) is equivalent to almost 1/2 inch difference in actual cheek shape.  

The shape and size of the cheek implant that is selected, IMO, should be to create the desired aesthetic cheek shape.