Asymmetry of 2 breasts of the same person? (photo)

I am 4 weeks postop. Had 375cc submuscular inplants to previous aa cup size. My left breast appear higher than the right and also fuller on the top. Is is still due to swelling and will it flatten on top and will the inplant still drop? I'm concerned that this assymetry is my final result??

Implants may not settle evenly

+1

and you should still be under the guidance of your surgeon as there are many maneuvers that can help improve the appearances and the upper pole symmetry. Talk to your surgeon because your surgeon should want the absolute best result for you.

Augmentation healing.

+1

After a submuscular augmentation the muscles many times relax at different rates. It is not unusual for one to be slightly higher than the other for a period of time. 4 weeks out is still early in the healing process. It can take a few months for things to fully settle down and soften. Be sure to follow up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Good luck!

Adam Boettcher, MD
Flagstaff Plastic Surgeon

Post breast augmentation assymetry

+1

At four weeks unevenness is more likely due to uneven height of the implant than swelling. That said there is an excellent chance that the left one will come down If your surgeon has advised massage work a little harder on the left side and push it down some. Implants will settle for up to about 6 months.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Breasts 4 Weeks Post Op

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said you are still in the healing process so it is difficult to determine if asymmetry is your final result. It is not uncommon for one side to drop sooner than the other side. Only after the swelling is gone can you and your plastic surgeon determine the outcome of your breast augmentation.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to have one breast sit higher due to swelling. It would benefit you to see your PS to alleviate your concerns and see what he/she suggests.

Christine Rodgers, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augment

+1

Great question. I am very thorough in explaining this to patients. Every one has a dominant muscle meaning a stronger one. The stronger side which is usually opposite to your dominant hand ie: if your right handed your left pec is stronger will push harder and elevate the implant more. Once the muscle relaxes they both come down. Not to worry

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast Augmentation

+1

Please post a pre-op photo and a front view of both breasts. It is common to have one implant drop earlier than the other. You may benefit from a bandeau. You need to see your PS and see what they advise.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)