Asymmetrical Different Cc Amounts in Each Breast? (photo)

im 6 days post op from B.A and I have 375 on my right and 325 on my left, are the 50 cc difference going to make them more assymetrical, or will it make them more even. i am very concerned 24 y.o 5'3 115 pre op- 34C

Asymmetrical Different Cc Amounts in Each Breast?

+2

Based only on the photos, it looks like a 50 cc differential was a good choice and should make you more even than you started. At six days it is common for the implants to appear asymmetric, as they are under the pectoral muscles. The  muscles are not symmetric, and it will take 3 to 6 months for them to relax to accommodate the implants. 

Patience. All the best.

Cc difference should be helpful

+2

Hello. Six days is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another three months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. I think the cc difference will help with your asymmetry but it will take a while to see the true results.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast asymmetry concerns with different size breast implants

+2

It is not uncommon for patients to feel as if they are not fully symmetric in the first few days after breast augmentation. When you add the fact that different sized implants were used for your surgery, the picture of symmetry can be a bit more cloudy. I would encourage you to allow more time to pass before the question of symmetry is addressed. Preoperative breast asymmetry is addressed by using different sized implants in order to achieve better symmetry.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast volume asymmetry treated with different sized implants

+2

Based on your preoperative photo, it is pretty obvious that your right breast is smaller than your left. With volume asymmetry, it is common practice for plastic surgeons to use different sized implants to improve preoperative volume asymmetry. Your breast volume in your postop photos do appear more symmetric. The 50cc difference seems to have been a good choice. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

+1

Asymmetry is common, both before and even after surgery.  Using two different sized implants looks like it was the right decision, and 50 cc seems reasonable.  At this point, you have to give your body a chance to heal (that can take up to six months and sometimes even longer).  Based on your photo I think that you'll be very happy with your results but for now I would advise trying not to be more concerned about it than you absolutely have to, and giving your body a change to heal on its own.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation in Asymmetric Breasts

+1

Significant breast asymmetry can be improved using different breast implant sizes but one should not expect perfect symmetry. You are very early in the post-op healing phase and it will be several months before a final assessment can be made. Follow-up with your surgeon and remain optimistic!

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Different size implants

+1

From your pre operative pictures its obvious that your right breast is smaller. When there is such an obvious asymmetry it is common to use different size implants to try and match the different breasts. Although it is very early in your post operative period the breasts seem to be more symmetric. It will take 6 months before you can make a final judgment. 

Good luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast Symmetry Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+1

At this point, my best advice would be to trust the plastic surgeon who you have chosen to perform the procedure.  The advice/reassurance you receive from him/her will be much more valuable than what you will  received from online consultants.

He/she will have had the benefit of examining you in person and during the procedure. Although your pictures are helpful, there are many other factors, such as chest wall shape/asymmetry that may come into play when it comes to selecting breast implant size/volume.

Given that you are only 6 days out of surgery, I would suggest that you exercise patience and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.  Evaluate the results of surgery  approximately 6 months after it was performed.

Best wishes;  hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.