Suggestions for Correcting Asymmetric Breasts? (photo)

Correcting asymmetry

+1

The goal of breast surgery is to make a matching pair of beautiful breasts.  In your case, both breasts need to be lifted. The right breast needs to be reduced or the left breast augmented.  If you are happy with the size of the left (smaller) breast then I recommend you go without implants, do the lifts and a small reduction on the right.  If you are happy with the size of the right breast then I recommend you augment the left side with a small subpectoral implant and bilateral lifts.  The lift combined with augmentation can be done through a circumareolar incision. The lifts can be performed without a vertical incision, lollipop or boat anchor scars using the Ultimate Breast Lift technique.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breasts

+1

All breasts are asymmetruc and some worse than others.  If you want a lift, the breasts can be adjusted in size at the point. The smaller one can be made larger with an implant, or you can have the larger one reduced to match the volume of the smaller one.

Management of asymmetric breasts (photo)

+1

The most straightforward symmetrizing procedure would be breast lift on the left (smaller side), and lift with reduction on the right (larger side). If you like the size of the right larger breast more, and want the left enlarged to match, then a lift on the right, and augmentation lift on the left. Residual asymmetries are inevitable.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast Asymmetry

+1

There are a number of uncertainties left to decide the exact recipe for you, but there are aspects to your breasts that can be seen in the photo that tell me what is necessary regardless, of your ultimate goal.  Both your breasts have enough size and ptosis that an asymmetric reduction and lift would be the cornerstone to your breast enhancement regardless of your  aesthetic goal.  This alone will give you symmetry to the size and shape of your breast mound, as well as the position of the nipple.  Other aspects to your goal will dictate the amount of tissue to be removed, and the need for an implant.

Augmentation mastopexy and augmentation reduction are complex surgeries that requires skill, experience, and an artistic sense.  It is not a surgery for the plastic surgeon who occasionally performs breast augmentation, and certainly not for the other doctors who also perform breast augmentation: ENT surgeons, general surgeons, Ob/Gyns, or dermatologists.

Seek out surgeons who are certified by the ABPS, and are members of the ASAPS; this is just a minimum requirement. The surgeon should also have a great reputation for breast lifts, reductions, and complex revisions.  This is not an inexpensive surgery, and anyone offering it at a substantially reduced price relative to the other surgeons should be suspect.

You should be able to get a great result!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Asymmetry can be corrected with different procedure for each breast.

+1

Hi.

In your case, you look like you would do very well with a breast reduction of the right breast and a breast lift of the left breast.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Correcting Asymmetric Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

In order to provide you precise advice,  it would be necessary to examine you in person and have a thorough communication regarding your goals.

Generally speaking, patients who present with your situation benefit from breast lifting of both breasts, possible reduction on the larger side, and possible breast augmentation ( implants) to achieve superior pole fullness/roundness  if so desired.

Again, exactly what procedure will be recommended will depend greatly on your goals. In my practice, I prefer the use of “goal pictures” during this communication process.

Make sure you are working with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons and ask to see lots of examples of that work.

Correction of Breast Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for your question.  Many women have breast asymmetry to some degree.  You first need to decide what is your goal.  Do you want to be bigger or smaller, and do you want to use implants. 

A breast exam would be needed to give you the best recommendation.  Based on your pictures, it appears as if you would need a lift on both sides with a small reduction on the right if you did not want to use implants and wanted to be a little smaller. 

If you wanted to be a little larger and fuller, using differential size implants and a lift could be performed. 

I recommend you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in this type of procedure who can help guide you to achieve the results you desire. 

Dr. Joseph

Brian Joseph, MD

Breast Correction with Many Options

+1

With the asymmetry that you have there are many options.  You will need to decide what you breasts should look like.  Do you want to be smaller?  Do you want to be bigger?  What type of scars can you tolerate?

You will need to start with a breast lift on both sides with some tissue reduction on the right side.  This may be all you will need depending on what you want.  It is possible to use implants to help with the shape and fullness if this is what you desire.

Discuss you goals in person with a board certified plastic surgeon and you will be able to find a plan that will work for you.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry is common

+1

Thank you for the photograph that you submitted.  In order to fix the asymmetry that you have you will likely need a mastopexy (or breast lift) and will need to consider an implant.  It is impossible to give you medical recommendations without a true exam and understanding your desires but one option is to do a lift and go smaller on both sides.  This can be achieved by removing more tissue from the larger breast.  The other option is to do a lift and an augmentation with implants.  In this case you can take off more tissue from one side and/or use different sized implants.  Placing implants alone without a lift in breasts shaped like yours is likely a recipe for disaster.  I would speak with a board certified plastic surgeon to get direct advise on your situation.  Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon