Assymetric Knuckling After Rhinoplasty, Will It Correct Itself?

Im only 2 months post op, and I understand that it can still be swollen. My concern isnt the selling, its that my nose has bossae only on one side (knuckling) & dent's in on the other side. Very assymetric! So I just want to know if I can have any hope this is going to change as well? My plastic surgeon tells me to keep putting warm compresses on my nose & squeeze my nose (to push in the knuckle) 5 times a day. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Tip asymmetries

+1

The tip asymmetries you describe are unlikely to improve with time and may need a revision - In general it is a good idea to wait about one year before seeking a revision.

Major asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to render a professional opinion without examining your nose or having a picture to visualize it.  It usually takes about nine months to get rid of subtle swelling and asymmetries. However, major asymmetries will not resolve with time, keep communication lines open with your surgeon. He or she can address your issues better. Good luck, Dr. Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO

Nasal tip issues

+1

The grooves and outlines you describe are related to the udnerlying cartilage. As the swelling comes down these grooves may be more noticeable.  Hard to say until that time.  Give it a year or so.

Knuckles or dents two months after rhinoplasty

+1

The nose maintains its shape because the cartilage has spring and resiliency. Your swelling will continue to improve over the first year, however sometimes the imperfections will become more visible. We don't think the warm compresses will get you anywhere, and we don't have much faith in massage. Wait things out for now.

Asymmetric knuckling

+1

If the problems are due to soft tissue swelling then they may improve over time. If they are due to asymmetric or twisted cartilage then you will likely need some form of revision. Give it more time.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymetry after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

At 2 months post-op rhinoplasty if you see major asymmetry then it will probably NOT resolve. Rhinoplasty heals over a 1 to 2 year period but major asymmetries will not change. Only slight asymmetries and swelling. Its a little difficult to tell without seeing a pic.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty with asymmetry after.

+1

This will probably resolve over time and if it does not then you will need a revision but wait at least 9 months.

Irregularities after rhinoplasty may improve if due to swelling, but not if the cartilage is misshapen.

+1

If the tip cartilages are not symmetrical, when the swelling subsides this will become obvious.  Most of the time a revision will be needed to correct the problem.  If the problem is swelling, then the irregularities will gradually improve and the swelling recedes.