Inner Area of Breasts SOre After Wearing Wire Bra?

So I went out and bought a wire bra. Sized at Nordstrom, 34FF after my 600cc silicon implant infrareola incision. However at the end of the day the inner area of my breasts were sore. Is this because I am still swollen and not ready for the underwire my ps said was ok? I went back to the sports bra and bought a non-wire support bra.

Sore after Use of Wired Bra after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I would agree with your assessment in that if you are experiencing “soreness” after the use of a specific garment, it would be best to “listen to your body” and stop the use of a garment for a period of time. In other words, I think you are doing the right thing with the use of the non-wire support bra.

Don't wear one if it's uncomfortable, or get it custom fitted

+1
Every surgeon has their own guidelines, and you should follow those outlined by your surgeon. In general, I recommend wearing underwire bras only until after the first 2 months of surgery If you find that they're uncomfortable, then you should avoid wearing them because your body is telling you that it hurts. The underwire may be improperly shaped. If you want to wear underwire bras, try having a custom bra fitting to see if you can find something that's more comfortable.  

You can start wearing an underwire bra 2 months after surgery if it is comfortable, but you may want to wait a little longer if it is not.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Bra and implants

+1

If you are sore with the underwire bra you choose, then it sounds like you did the right thing by taking it off. Best to follow the advice of your surgeon.

Underwire Bra Pain

+1

You should first check with your PS to see why he/she wants you to wear an underwire bra and to see if he/she desire you to discontinue it.  Additionally, if the bra is causing issues then he/she may recommend that you convert back to your sports bra. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Underwire Bra and Breast Augmentation

+1

An underwire bra can dig into the side of breast and cause pain and swelling. Long term use of an underwire bra has shown to cause scar tissue which can be visible on mammography. I usually have patients wait several months prior to wearing an underwire bra.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Doctors Inner Area of Breasts Sore After Wearing Wire Bra?

+1

Unless there is a specific reason for the underwire, which only your surgeon would know, I would not punish yourself and stick with what works for you. But this question should go to your surgeon. All the best.

Underwire Bra after Breast Augmentation

+1

The pain could be due to swelling or the wire or both.  I do not let my patients wear the underwire for months after breast augmentation, but your plastic surgeon probably has different recommendations and you should check with him or her.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA