My Eyes Are Slightly Hooded and Asymmetrical. My Brows Are Asymmetrical as Well. What Can I Do?(photo)

Hello I am considering eye surgery to make my eyes wider and more open. My eyes are slightly hooded and assymetrical which gives them a tired, unattractive look. Also my eyebrows are very assymmetrical and do not enhance the look of my eye. Which surgery would you suggest? I am 25 years old and I would not like to alter my appearance dramatically. I just want a slight tweak. As you can see they are also very wide set so it makes my face look asymmetrical to have small, wide set eyes. 

You have at least two issues.

+2

You do have both eyebrow ptosis and you also appear to have upper eyelid ptosis.  The upper eyelid ptosis is the basis for the eyebrow asymmetry.  There are a number of options.  A personal consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon is an appropriate first step.  Microdroplet botox would be a helpful non surgical approach.  You can look at my website (lidlift dot com).  You might also benefit from an endoscopic forehead lift and possibly upper eyelid ptosis surgery.  Avoid over aggressive upper belpharoplasty.  Standard cosmetic upper eyelid surgery will remove your natural upper eyelid fold which is very unsatisfactory.

Ptosis and brow assymetry

+2

Hi!

Upon viewing your photos, it seems like an upper blepharoplasty with a
ptosis repair could be beneficial in achieving the results you are
looking for. An endoscopic brow lift could help you with the brow assymetry you mentioned. However, I do agree with the others thatthere may be other options that don't include surgery. I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck!

Dr. Sam Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Slightly hooded asymmetric eyelids and brows: what to do?

+2

You do seem to have some mild ptosis (drooping) to your eyes, worse on the left.  Brow asymmetry is the rule, not the exception, so don't think yourself all that unusual.  The journal OPRS had an article this month on the correlation between eye dominance and brow height asymmetry and found your eyebrow is most often higher on the side of your dominant eye.  That being said, I think a conservative blepharoplasty with ptosis repair could open up your eyes slightly and reduce a little of the heaviness.  An endoscopic brow lift may be a little much at your age as your brow are not significantly low. Maybe just some brow shaping at a medispa would be enough to give you a perkier look.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow and eyelid ptosis

+1

Your case is one of those cases that can be addressed a variety of different ways depending on your preferences.

First and foremost, you have mild upper eyelid ptosis [droop] that need to be addressed to achieve an ideal result. Raising the eyelids, will increase the skin fold of the upper eyelids.

This may be addressed by either a browlift, or a modest skin only upper eyelid blepharoplasty. Avoid any fat excision from the upper eyelid.

A "botox" browlift alone will not give you enough relief from the heavy brow/eyelid look.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical eyes and brows

+1

It is probably best not to have a brow lift on the lower eyebrow side because it will change the look of the patient too much.  An upper blepharoplasty can be performed on the upper lids but special attention should be given to repairing the ptosis in patient’s left eye.

My Eyes Are Slightly Hooded and Asymmetrical. My Brows Are Asymmetrical as Well. What Can I Do?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the photos show a lower eyebrow on the right with increased upper eyelid fullness on that side as well.  During consultation, the plastic and cosmetic surgeon should raise each eyebrow into the proper aesthetic position, taking note of the change in upper eyelid fullness.  At 25, years of age, I'd expect all the upper eyelid fullness to disappear as the eyebrows are lifted to their proper aesthetic position.  If that is indeed the case, then the treatment of choice would be a Brow Lift, or Botox Injections (less effective and temporary but some effects noted).  If an upper eyelid surgery is done, in this scenario, it will cause the eyebrows to drop in position from the surgery...and as such is not recommended.