Will Ear Graft Cartilage Fill out the Depression on my Tip, and Will the Cartilage Remain Stagnant on my Tip? (photo)

My first rhinoplasty caused an infection on one side of the tip of my nose because my silicone implant was too long and was trying to push through the tip of my nose. The implant was shortened in my first revision, but the infection has quite severe and caused a dent/scar/depression on one side of my tip. I am returning to the same surgeon who has offered to use my ear graft to fix the depression. Will the ear cartilage fill out the dent and remain stagnant? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Ear cartilage for tip depression

+2
Cartilage grafts are a good choice for contour irregularities on the nose. Ear cartilage is a common and reliable source for cartilage grafts. This graft will help to fill out your contour depression. Thank you for sharing your photos. Best wishes.

+1

Following any infection very hard to correct this very minor but noticeable dent in the nasal tip. I might consider a filler as a better option.