Asian Suture Double Eyelid Procedure?

I did the suture double eyelid procedure 10 years ago. My double eyelids came undone so i recently underwent the procedure again however the doctor.did not remove the previous suture. The doctor said that he could not find the thread. Should i be concerned? The first procedure was done under the eyelid and the second procedure was done by suturing from the top of my eyelids.

Double eyelid suture technique revision

+1
that is not unusual for the suture to be difficult to find after so many years.  If you feel fine and look good than you have nothing to be concerned about.  It is in your interest that the doctor did not go looking or digging around for the sutures.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon and Asian facial plastic specialist

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-incisional Asian blepharoplasty

+1

The suture typically used for non-incisional blepharoplasty is extremely fine and will not react with surrounding tissue, thus can be left in permanently with no ill-effects. It is easiest to locate the suture within the first 2-3 weeks after surgery. 10 years later it's not surprising the suture could not be found.

Donald B. Yoo, MD