Asian Eyelid and Jaw Surgery for Caucasian Women?

I have always had smaller eyes and a large jaw, both make me feel less feminine. I know plastic surgeons perform this surgery for Asian women but will they perform them for white women with similar problems?

Needless Operations

+3
Dear Jaclyn, You are a beautiful young woman with very attractive features. Much as I try and see something to correct on your face - I come up short. I would decline to operate on you and I think most of my colleagues would feel the same way. Dr. Aldea

Botox for masseter reduction and jaw tapering

+1

If the width of the lower third of your face and jaw bothers you, a conservative and simple approach to reducing it would be Botox treatments to reduce the size of the masseter muscle.  In experienced hands this is an extremely safe procedure and can give you nice results for 3-4 months at a time.  

Your eyes are difficult to fully evaluate with the angle of the picture and your make-up, but they certainly don't appear unattractive.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Jaw shaving in Caucasians

+1

It would be worthwhile to shave down the jawline to reduce the appearance of the lower face in your case.

I did not get a good look at your eyes - it would be better if you could show a direct front view looking into the camera with your hair pulled back and no makeup - but that can also be addressed.

I have done this in Asians and non-Asians. Your anatomy is commonly seen in Eastern Europe - Western Asia where there is genetic mixing. 

Best Wishes!

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Asian Jaw surgery on Caucasians

+1

The jaw surgery is very practical for you.  It's hard for me to judge your eyes by your picture.  Has anyone talked to you about Botox for your jaw?  You can reduce the size or squarness of it with Botox.

Okay, jaw reduction surgery (one of my favorites):

1.  The jaw is reduced with you asleep via a trans-oral route.   Excess bone is removed and buffed down to create a nice smooth slope to the jawline and a more oval look to the face.  Of course this can be tailored to some degree to your requests.

2.  Healing time is about 7 to 10 days.  Post operatively you can expect some tenderness with chewing, swelling, and bruising.

3.  Specifica risks of this surgery are: 

a.  Under or over correction and uneven appearance

b.  Numbness of the lower lip and chin lasting a few weeks but in rare cases several months.

Best of luck

Dr. Chase Lay

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jawline Reduction in Caucasians More Practical Than Getting Asian Eyelid Surgery

+1

Your feeling that your eyes are smaller and the jawline is big represents the importance of how one part of the face influences the perception of another. I can not appreciate that your eyes are too small but can see that you do have a prominent chin and jawline. Chin and jawline line reduction can be done and that should be your first focus. Once that is reduced you may have a completely different perception about your eyes.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Jaw reduction for Caucasians

+1

Your photo is very attractive and very feminine.  However, if you are inquiring about osteoplastic shaping of your facial features, this is not limited to any particular racial group.  Reduction of chin, cheeks, softening angles of jawlines, even orbital structure alterations can be performed by plastic surgeons experienced in basic craniofacial principles.  The risk to benefit ratios will need to be evaluated after your consultation and examination before any procedure is offered, but yes, what you wish is possible.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Asian blepharoplasty in Caucasian women

+1

Asian blepharoplasty is performed because a percentage of asian women have a very low or nonexistent eyelid crease. What is the eyelid crease? It is the line that is visibile above the lash line on most people. Caucasian women can be born with "asian" looking eyes as people from other races can have appearance but it is less common. Also over time the eyelid skin above the eyelid crease can hang over the eyelid crease creating the appearance that the crease is not visible. Finally, you mentioned "small eyes". This can be seen in patients who have ptosis or drooping of the eyelid. This creates the appearance of a small eyelid. Ptosis surgery or lifting the eyelid can be done to improve the appearance of a "small" eye. In summary, a surgeon needs to see what the cause of your "small" eye is. If it is a nonexistant crease, an asian blepharoplasty would work well. If it is skin that has stretched over time and now hanges over the crease, a regular blepharoplasty would work welll. Finally, if the eyelid itself is hanging low a ptosis repair would work best. 

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

You are beautiful and I would not operate on you.

+1

I can't think of any surgery that can possibly make you more beautiful. You are seriously considering surgery, I would suggest you see at least two or three reputable surgeons. 

Although I wouldn't recommend any surgery, you may want to look into Botox treatment to reduce the size of the masseter muscles which in turn may make your jawline narrower thus give more feminine look.

Eric I. Choe, MD, FACS