Asian Skin Prone to Hyperpigmentation from Pimples

I am of Asian descent and have fair skin. Usually, my pimples result to pink blemishes afterwards; but I've noticed sometimes that after a large pimple in areas where I get physical pressure (e.g., the back), it can result in a large brown blemish that looks like a mole. Does that mean I am prone to hyperpigmentation? If so, how can I get rid of the blemish?

Does it mean I'm prone to hyperpigmentation?

+1

In general, Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, etc., are more prone to Hyperpigmentation vs Caucasians. Another factor is the location of the skin injury on the body as well as hormonal and sun exposure issues. There are over the counter bleaching creams but you may need a prescription strength medication. Best advice is to avoid sun exposure without sun block on and limit skin inflammation to reduce the chance of Hyperpigmentation.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.