Asian / SE Asian Cosmetic Surgery? (photo)

I am a black and living in Asia. Is it hopeless for me to expect a quality nose job if I get it done in Thailand or S. Korea due to my race? My friends have gotten amazing results, but they are either Asian or Caucasian. I have read on these forums that black women should only go to surgeon who specializes in black nose jobs in the US. If it is not hopeless, are there any vital questions or requests I should make to ensure that this be a positive experience? I'm new to this. Thanks!

Asian/SE Asian cosmetic surgery?

+1

It is not hopeless for an African American patient to expect a quality nose job in Thailand or South Korea. You can have a quality nose job in any location, as long as you find a surgeon who has great credentials and is well qualified to perform your surgery. There are many fantastic ethnic rhinoplasty specialists overseas as well as the United States. When looking for a surgeon, consider the following:

1) Credentials
2) Experience with ethnic rhinoplasty
3) A good amount of before and after photos showcasing the surgeon's results
4) Great patient testimonials

Establishing good communication with your prospective surgeon is essential, and will help ensure you obtain a result you are happy with. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian / SE Asian Cosmetic Surgery?

+1

There is some overlap in all types of ethnic rhinoplasty.   Having operated on many different ethnicities the differences that exist are frequently overplayed and the techniques utilized are transferable.  A great rhinoplasty surgeon can do anything for anyone.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty in Black Lady

+1

You need a surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty on Black patients regardless of where they live. Although your picture is not clear, it appears that you have thinner skin which will enable you to achieve a better result.  

Experienced rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

The most important metric you can look for is an experienced  rhinoplasty Surgeon. Set clear goals and expectations with your nose and  keep good communication  open with your surgeon.   Computer imaging is also a helpful tool to visualize what your new nose might look like. We have a virtual rhinoplasty App  our website for you to try.

Choosing a surgeon for nasal surgery in black patients.

+1

You want a surgeon who does many rhinoplasty is on noses like yours. Meet with his patients whether it's in Asia  or the United States to see the type of results he's able to actually produce.