Asian Rhinoplasty Revision to Reduce Implant Size?

How long should I wait to have a revision for my Asian nose. I wanted a more defined bridge, but now I think it's too big? What should things look like 3 months after a surgery. Is this enough time to get a good idea of what my new nose will really look like?

3 months is too soon to judge your rhinoplasty

+1
I would suggest waiting 9-12 months prior to having your nose reduced in size or the implant exchanged.  You may find that when the swelling settles down the correct sized implant was placed in your nose in the first place.  You may also grow to love the nose that you now have and at three  months time the changes may be so significant that it has taken you some time to get used to them.  Finally, if you are unhappy in another 6 or more months, a revision can be discussed with your surgeon.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-op changes after rhinoplasty

+1

At three months post- rhinoplasty surgery,  you are probably still swollen. I would wait about a year before considering a revision.

Possible Asian Cosmetic Nose Reshaping Revision Surgery

+1

It would be advised to wait 9-12 months before having a revision rhinoplasty. In some cases where you might think it is too big early on in the recovery process, the final result at 9-12 months may be just right for you. At three months out from Asian rhinoplasty surgery, there is still 20-30% of the swelling that needs to subside. With rhinoplasty being a game of millimeters, this amount of continued change can make a significant difference between happiness and having a revision rhinoplasty. Give it some time and be patient. Easier said than done but words to live by in the world of rhinoplasty. Happy healing. Dr. Hilinski.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty Should Wait One Year

+1

Given that it is just 3 months after your rhinoplasty, it is way too early to make a decision about the need for implant downsizing. Besides the swelling that it is likely still present, there is also time that is needed to adjust to a new look. Given that there are no major problems with your rhinoplasty, I would wait close to one year before deciding about downsizing your nasal implant. How you feel today could change in another 3 months.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty Revision to Decrease Implant Size

+1

After 6-9 months you can determine if you're satisfied with the size of the nasal bridge implant. However I suggest you wait 9-12 months for any revisions to make sure you're totally satisfied with the rest of your nose, including any tip modifications.  

Revision rhinoplasty; how long to wait?

+1

Without photos it is hard to say, however, I do believe your nose will change in the coming months.  So wait another 6 to 9 months.

To be able to measure the changes more effectively take some good photos of yourself, save them, and don't look at them.  In 3 to 6 months break them out and see if there's a difference.  Then decide if you want to revise the work.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Chase Lay

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait 1 year before revision rhinoplasty

+1

You should wait one year before having a revision surgery. It takes a significant amount of time, about a year, for all of the swelling to go down and for you to see the final results of your initial rhinoplasty surgery. 

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Asian nose and revision rhinoplasty

+1
Rhinoplasty surgery usually takes an entire year to completely heal and for all of the swelling to dissipate. However with an Asian nose and a nasal implant I would give it six months for a final judgement on the result. At this time if you feel that it is still to prominent you would be safe to discuss revision surgery. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Too early to consider revision

+1

3 months post-op is way too early to consider revision rhinoplasty surgery.  The swelling around the implant will slowly improve over the next few months and you will start seeing a more true result by about 6-8 months, but it takes a full year for all the swelling to eventually improve.  Hang in there.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon