What Asian Rhinoplasty Procedures Gives the Illusion of a Longer Nose?

For a low or flat bridge, what rhinoplasty technique will give my Asian nose a more defined angle?

Creating the Illusion of a Longer Nose

+2

Augmentation of the nasal dorsum will help build up the bridge. This can be accomplished by wrapping diced cartilage in temporalis fascia harvested from the scalp. Additional modifications can include refining the nasal tip while increasing projection and rotation, and narrowing the nasal bridge. Thank you, and I hope this helps answer your question.

Dr. Nassif

Nasal lengthening for Asian rhinoplasty

+2

Use your own tissues to lengthen the nose (there's usually enough in the septum or ear) by a). septal extension graft and/or b). extended columellar strut. Occasionally an alar rim graft will be needed to prevent nostril notching when the extension requirements are significant.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Asian rhinoplasty to create illusion of a longer nose

+1

Asian rhinoplasty creates the illusion of a longer nose by placing a silastic implant on top of the nasal bridge, which adds height to the nasal dorsum and length to the entire nose.

Making longer nose with Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

The rhinoplasty technique of augmenting the bridge can define the nose if the bridge is low and flat.

It is also possible to counter-rotate (make less upturned) or further project the tip or which will also lengthen the nose overall.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

+1

Asian noses are often low, in profile as well as shortened which is another way of saying the nasal tip is over rotated.  To raise the nasal bridge, I prefer using straight silastic dorsal implants.  These won't dissolve like rib cartilage or bone and come in numerous sizes.  Conchal cartilage grafts can then be used to improve the nasal tip shape during the Rhinoplasty.

Asian Rhinoplasty? Consider Non-surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi there.

For some Asian patients raising the bridge a bit + refining and raising the tip ( giving the illusion of narrowing) is all that is needed.

That said, depending on your taste, a non -surgical or filler rhinoplasty may satisfy you.

To get a reasonable impression,do have computer imaging whereby the surgeon show you--- on a computer screen-- the result he or she believes he can deliver for you. If you like what you see, then ask " How will this be done? Can it be done without surgery?"

You could even have a temporary filler put it; will last months, not years, but will give you a chance to see if you like the look by "living with it".  You can always opt for surgery later.

Makes sense, right?

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Robert Kotler, MD

Asian rhinoplasty techniques to proivde length and definition

+1

The most sure methods to increase length to an Asian nose is to add an implant to the nasal dorsum and tip.  I usually use the patient own tissue.  I prefer septal cartilage, but often the Asian nose has a thinner septal cartilage and the ear is a better source. Cartilage is and excellent graft source because it becomes incorporated into the patients own tissue after surgery.

Synthetic hyluronic acid fillers are rarely used, and if I do use an injectable filler it is usually fat to soften a prominent cartilage edge.

I avoid Medpor,Gortex and Silicone grafts because of the risk  extrustion and infection are greater.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty to Augment & Provide More Definition

+1

Silicone implants, Gortex implants or the patient's own cartilage can be placed to add height and definition to profile and give the illusion of a longer and narrower nose. When possible, I prefer to use the patient's cartilage because there is less risk of infection and this graft will become incorporated into the surrounding tissue so movement after surgery is rare.

Asian rhinoplasty and longer nose

+1

In an Asian rhinoplasty we are often dealing with the issue of a low or flat nasal bridge.  The bridge can be augmented or enhanced with a cartilage graft from the patient's own tissues or with a silicone or gortex graft.   The graft will raise the bridge and add lenght to the nose as well.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Commonly in asian rhinoplasty, the dorsum is flat and the nose appears wide.  A dorsal graft augmenting the region will often give the appearance of a thinner, longer, and more projecting nose.