Asian Rhinoplasty 8 Months After Restylane - Too Soon?

I had 1ml of restylane injected in my nasal bridge and I am planning to undergo rhinoplasty. If I schedule my surgery date around 8 or 9 months post restylane is that too soon? Would I be exposing myself to additional risks by getting rhinoplasty after restylane?

Appropriate duration to wait between nonsurgical and surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Most of the Restylane that was injected will be gone by 8-9 months time.  Any that remains can easily be dissolved with a hyaluronidase (such as Vitrase) before undergoing rhinoplasty.  If you have no other reasons for vascular compromise (smoker, previous surgery) then it will not cause an issue.  

Timing of rhinoplasty after Restylane injection.

+1

I would recommend waiting at least one year after Restylane injection before considering Rhinoplasty. The longer the better. 

Eric I. Choe, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty after Restylane

+1

It is probably best to wait at least a year after the Restylane has disappeared prior to undergoing augmentation for Asian rhinoplasty.

Restylane in the nasal bridge before rhinoplasty

+1

The persistence of the material varies in the nose, but it's likely that at 8 months you would have little product remaining. However, a face-to-face examination with your surgeon may help ascertain this.

If there is product still in the nose, it can be dissolve with a hyaluronidase preparation (vitrase, wydase) to make sure that you are starting from ground zero.

mike kim, md

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty After Restylane

+1

If the examination showed no restylane present then a Rhinoplasty could be performed. Seeing as you have waited 8 months already, as long as your exam shows you're Restylane free you should be able to go ahead with the procedure.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Rhinoplasty 8 Months after Restylane

+1

Obviously it is best to wait until the Restylane has dissolved which can take 12-18 months. I would not wait a specific time, but look at pre-injection pictures to determine when augmentation of your bridge should be done. You can also have an injection of hyaluronidase to dissolve the Restylane.

Dissolve it with Hyaluranidase

+1

You can have the rhinoplasty after it has been dissolved. The sooner, the better - less time for you tissues to react to the restylane.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty After Restylane

+1

I think it is best to wait at least one year after any injections to undergo rhinoplasty.  After one year has passed, it should be safe to go ahead with your surgery.  Keep in mind that sometimes Restylane rebuilds collagen so the area will always be fuller than when you started out.  

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Restylane and rhinoplasty

+1

I would wait 6 months to a year before undergoing a rhinoplasty so that the restylane can dissolve.

Restylane Ready

+1

Eight months after Restylane and looking for a rhinoplasty may mask your results because the HA material may be present for 24 months.  Better wait another 8-12 months.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon