Asian Rhinoplasty for Male

I am an asian male and need to augment my bridge so that it will project well with the tip. I like to know if this procedure will be done without it looking to obvious to my friends that i have a nose job. by the way I will do this procedure after I lost weight. Also, what is the best material to add to the bridge to create a natural looking nose? I am also hoping a long term result?

Rhinoplasty for Asian male

+4

There are two options for Asian rhinoplasty dorsal augmentation. Depending upon the amount of augmentation desired, the first option would be to harvest and use cartilage that is present from the patient’s own nasal septum. Occasionally a double layer of cartilage sewn together will be required to give enough augmentation. If a larger amount of augmentation were needed, a synthetic silastic nasal dorsal implant for the bridge would be used. We prefer to use the Flowers nasal dorsal implant manufactured by Implantech.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+2

I personally prefer to use the patient's own cartilage and tissue to augment the nose in Asian rhinoplasty. The cartilage will become integrated with the surrounding tissue providing a long term result.  A natural appearance. will be achieved when done by an experienced surgeon.

Male Asian rhinoplasty

+2

Depending upon the amount of augmentation that you desire, my personal preference is septal cartilage since it is the most natural and is already present in your nose area. Second choice if only a little additional augmentation is needed is ear cartilage but rib cartilage is better for structure and support especially if a greater degree of augmentation is required. A lot of physicians have had success with solid silicone implants in Asian rhinoplasties but I am not a big fan of that due to risks of extrusion later and asymmetries with time. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty with DCF

+1

In my hands the best material is diced cartilage wrapped in fascia (DCF).  It provides a natural augmentation for the bridge and a long-lasting result.  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

I usually do it in a gradual fashion. Try the nonsurgical option first to see how much augmentation is enough and how much is too much. Once you are comfortable with the amount of augmentation you desire then septal cartilage from your nasal septum is the most frequently used method. I also like preformed silicone implant that would give the bridge a better definition.

Norman Ge, MD

You may consider a non-surgical rhinoplasty to raise your nasal bridge.

+1

I reviewed the photo you posted, and read your concern. If you only want your bridge raised so it's more harmonious with your tip, consider a non-surgical approach. I have used this approach for my Asian patients with very high satisfaction: all with no downtime, and a fraction of the price of surgery.  I prefer Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon